2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tad Martin, much? I mean, in terms of being self-righteous and hypocritical. He'll praise his work until the cows come home about how he did such a fabulous job penning the breakdown for that episode, but sit on his high horse about the story?

THIS is why his ass isn't writing for soaps today. Get over yourself, Casiello. Yeah, I said it. I know it's a forbidden word around here, but I'm not sipping the Tommie C = Love Kool Aid.

Why are we writing prison riots? Because it IS a soap opera. How the hell are viewers going to bitch and moan about characters not going to jail or paying for their crimes, and then act like we shouldn't be seeing or telling stories about these characters when they go to prison? I have no idea who was the head writer that penned that storyline, but seriously. Viewers want to see characters pay for their crimes which means, in some instances, that they need to go to jail or prison, WHY NOT WRITE A STORY ABOUT THAT CERTAIN SITUATION?

Keep writing your precious blogs, Casiello.

• Members

^^^ROFLMAO! Tell us how you really feel, R Sinclair.

I'm glad you said it - no flames from this end. Casiello's written a lot of cr@p. I don't think he's ever denied that. In fact, he's posted in the past, apologizing to the fans for it.

But yeah - his days as a soap writer are done. I think that's what "former" means at the top of his blog.

• Members

Okay, for the CBS IN at Y&R

- is it a returning member of the Y&R team, or is a person new-to-Y&R?

If the latter, is it a person new-to-daytime, or just-to-Y&R?

In this thread, it has been an EXHAUSTING rollercoaster year, no?

• Administrator

Dena Higley wrote it and it was very bad. Prison Break just came out and Dena obviously wanted to copy it. I love Prison Break but I remember not enjoying Dena Higley's version. I'm glad to see a writer who was on the writing staff agree with me.

Archived