Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The Alca match was unreal...I said to some friends while we were watching, I've never ever seen someone with touch like this repeatedly/consistently.  I've seen players that have it, but his drop shots are second to none of anyone I've ever seen.  Already.  Who knows if he'll hold on to that as he ages, but he also basically has an average serve, which will improve.  When this kid gets a serve that is 10% better and gets free points...look out.  

The other thing that made me smile really big was his passing shots...a very old coach told me once - I have no topspin practically, I hit flat.  I was so disappointing to her, LOL because I'm left handed and she so wanted me to have a strong forehand...and I never did.  My backhand was always the best.  But of the flat hitting, she said God if you ever do anything in your tennis life, put some kind of topspin on your passes.  It's deadly if you can do it.  I always remembered that.  She said, it doesn't matter where you put it if you can get that ball to dip, it makes it difficult for them on the other side.  You are forcing them to close on the net or they're volleying UP to clear the net, even by an inch or a centimeter to volley up is difficult.  

I smiled and knew she was watching up there somewhere (sappy I know), but Alca dipped those passes and Tsi couldn't handle it.  Several volleys dumped up into the net, and he was right there.

• Members

Novak looks shaky this tournament. I’m sure not having played since the Olympics has a lot to do with it. Not enough matches under his belt. But Novak is always a bit off at the USO. The heat isn’t the issue this year.

Kei is letting Novak off the hook in this fourth game of the second set.

• Members

I was rooting for Jack...nice guy.  A friend of mine dated him briefly several years ago.  I was messaging with her last night (she had no idea who he was at the time), she's not into sports at all.  She didn't even know he really was a tennis player at the time, and doesn't follow tennis at all.  She said, wow, I could have been rich!  I said, well no...a lot of tennis players, most really are not rich.  But anyway, had hoped he would win another round.