Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm impressed with Fernandez...I keep expecting that she'll wane and lose.  I still can't get the thought out of my head that this is just a flash in the pan.  At some point you have to think it's real.  You can't take out players at this level repeatedly and go on to be a nobody.  They're not having bad matches or playing badly.  They've been playing like they play and she's just beating them. 

The guts of some of her shots at the right times have been unreal, the thing you can't teach.  She's my hope for the winner on the women's side.  I just really really don't want Bencic.  But I don't think Raducanu is going to beat her.  I feel like I'm on eggshells because it looks like a US Open win for  Bencic right now.  

• Members

I heard Delpo's voice last night and my heart fluttered.  LOL.  Kind of a favorite of mine over the years, I'm near DC and saw him in the DC tournament two of the years he won.  He's kind of a throwback player and I would love to see him come back successfully and at least be in the mix in some major tournaments.  He sounded really positive.  He would make a nice husband for me.  

• Members

This whole Open has been a total surprise (I thought for me, but it looks like everyone now)...I think we're going to look back at this Open as when the new guard popped up and at the beginning we didn't see it...and now we are.  It really has been a total blast and surprise that came from no where.  I thought every Slam this year was total blah.  The Olympics were blah.  This has not been blah.  

And this would be awesome but kill me because I want them both to win now.  Either would be great but I'd somehow want both.  

• Members

The men’s side has lost a lot of steam aside from FAA’s great run and Novak’s hunt for the CYGS, but we got some popcorn matches and surprises there too (not to be all Rothenbergy, but it’s much harder for lower-ranked challengers to maintain fitness enough to make a deep run in a Bof5 tournament, especially in today’s extremely physical sport. They’re just not conditioned enough or used to it.) We really lucked out in the past with the Big 4 and players like Delpo and Stan.