Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's because the social media for the most part was hiding it. Unless like some on this board that dug for info....you wouldn't know. Some on Twitter and FB just found out what Justin had done....and this has been going on for some time. 

As one put it on social media.....TC and the tennis community are cowards....he quit...they didn't fire his sorry ass like they should've long time ago. And Ben is now blaming the tennis players for not speaking out like Roger or Nadal....lawd.....this Ben guy....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I'd take that bet!  Mary crossed over to other sports as a commentator and is consistently on other networks.  

If it is her, she has mad respect from me!  I've always had a strong dislike for Mary, but if she took this stand, hats off!

• Members

Same, although I didn't start off disliking her- it was her sarcastically laced low-key snide remarks about various Williams sisters supposed 'attributes' during various matches that began to completely turn me off toward her commentary. Interestingly enough, when she does reporting and commentary for sports outside of tennis, it's like she transforms into a total professional again. 

• Members

People are so non-confrontational when it comes to men and things like this.  I played Open-Level Volleyball 6's...for around 15 years, and also doubles, but one of the 6's teams I was on...became friends with all of the guys and their girlfriends and wives.  One of the couples, Beth and Steve (married) - she was always having "accidents" and had crazy explanations.  One night one of the guys had a house party and I was hanging out with the wives and girlfriends (naturally the most popular with them because I was their token Gay).  I pulled Beth aside and asked her - does he beat you?  Physical abuse?  These excuses are a little crazy at this point.  She denied it.  Beth and Steve lived about 2 miles up the highway in a different development than mine.   About a month later, she showed up and mine and my roomates' townhouse around 6:00 AM - I had the basement to myself.  My roommate knocked on my bedroom door, and he said, "Greg, Beth is here and needs to see you".  I was like, what?  It's 6:00 in the morning...he flips on the stairway light and there she is at the top of the stairs, and my roommate looked completely white as a sheet.  Her face was so badly cut, she was bleeding, bruised.  She came downstairs and I said...have another accident?  She said, No.  And I know you know what this is.  I said, what did he do to you this time?  He had beaten her and put her face through a window.  

Took her to the hospital, then to the courthouse to file a restraining order.  She had walked to my house up the highway.  She lived with me for about a week, and then she moved in with my roommates' girlfriends in our development.  During that week she lived with me, I called our Team Captain and said - if Steve is at the tournament this weekend, just know I'm not playing.  I'll quit.  You all know what's going on, do not deny it.  Went to the tournament, and Steve was there.  I said, OK, well you're without a Setter today, and from now on if he remains on the Team.  I was shocked - as I walked away, the guys are like...wait, what's going on? Where are you going?  I said, I just quit.  They're like...NO...you can't.  You're our only setter - I said, yep...we've been doing a 5-1 so one of you better learn how to set....quick.  Team Captain huddles them together - wives and girlfriends looking on and says "Beth and Steve had a disagreement and Greg didn't agree with it, so he's quitting".  Steve stood their very proudly, nodding.  and what's crazy - he was the worst of the 5 hitters on the team.  Got my backpack and walked toward the exit...all of the remaining wives and girlfriends stopped me and they said...they had begged their husbands/boyfriends to stand behind me, because they all knew...I had told them.  

Beth went back to Steve after about 2 months and it started up again I was told.  They ended up moving away a few years later, and I've wondered if she's still alive.

And it didn't matter.  I found a new team...got picked up very quickly because I was a good setter and although short for a Volleyball player, was an Open Level Player and I could also hit.  I stayed friends with some of them, played with some on different teams in later years.  Not that Team Captain though.  

Maybe that's why this bothers me so much.