Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Fed fans are already saying Roger will get his revenge.

Tennis fans were upset that the Thiem vs Fognini match wasn't shown on TC. They were trashing Osaka being shown and Novak since Chardy was no competition for him.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

From what I heard, the Osaka/Bencic match was a highly competitive 3 set battle.  Why wouldn't that be shown on the main network?  Because it's a women's match?  Tennis fans can really be sickening sometimes.  The sexism and racism inherent to this sport never ceases to amaze me.

On other topics involving actual players, not numbty dumpty fans.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Sascha was rather nasty towards his opponent. 

Sascha: What r u looking at? I've been ready...why r u taking so long to serve the ball...

I thought he was going to lose. He would've dropped to #5 in the world had he lost. I am hoping Thiem can get the #4 seed in Paris.

• Members

I sure was. That was one hell of a tie-breaker!

Ha.....I noticed that Roger started looking tired right before Thiem got the first break in the 3rd set. Some of the shots Thiem hit towards the end were just ridiculous....especially the passing shot that won him the second break in the 3rd set. Thiem said in his post inteview with TC that he was very nervous at the start of the match. You could tell because he was spraying balls everywhere. Thiem knew he was the favorite and it put more pressure on him than at Indian Wells. Brad Gilbert called it a standing ovation match. 

I hope so!  I also think Thiem can win the US Open with it playing at medium pace. He should've beaten Rafa last year in the QFs to get to the semis. 

After the Thiem match.....I am totally exhausted....yet still more tennis to watch....LOL

Oh and yes Thiem unfortunately is still with Kiki. She lost early in Madrid and wasn't in Thiem's box. I am assuming she left already for Italy and the Italian Open.

Nacho the umpire for that match is awful. He did the same thing during a Thiem match....LOL. Thiem got warned for slow play???....laughable. 

Edited by Soapsuds