Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Well its obvious who has more balls...he or Stan the man....Roger shouldn't make statements then that he wasn't consulted by Joker if he stays mute.

Hmmm...this tournament always seems to be packed with or without Roger. I'm seriously getting sick of Roger. 

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I don't think I'm willing to give anyone much credit in this situation.  After all, Gimelstob was there for over a decade accumulating clout with everyone standing around and watching.

The Big 3, to a certain extent, care how they look and don't wish to risk putting a foot wrong by making public statements (Rafa also dodged a question a few days ago). 

Stan, who dated a WTA player while she was still technically underaged and he, not yet divorced-- of course, he doesn't give two sh*ts what others think! 

• Members

Eh...he won the pathetic Houston tourney. No one was entered there but rejects. Ill give him credit though for beating Sascha. 

Tsitsipas also won his 2nd tourney so that's 4 guys with 2 wins for the season. Tsitsipas move back up to #9 ahead of Trumpster.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Felix vs Shapo match......Shapo overhitting as usual....the way Shapo is losing and chirping...their friendship isn't going to last long...lol...glad they are knocking each other out....dont care for either.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I thought, who is this chic Latina in my IG feed? 

Meanwhile, Cirstea beats Madison, yet I’ve heard zilch about any disciplinary actions against her for putting hands on an official, aside from this unconfirmed report. But journalists will only press the issue around big names who will get them clicks and $$$$.

• Members

It’s a tough one. Gimelstob had been an advocate for getting better prize money for lower-ranked players, which was one of Djokovic’s initiatives. I’m certainly not a JG fan, and he needed to go, which I think Novak knew.

• Members

This is real sad. There's nothing tough about this. He tried killing a man and his wife lost a child due to it. There are no excuses. Shame on Joker and everyone else who still thinks.feels bad for him.

Time for Grigor to fire Dani. Not even Berdych stayed that long with him. He was still in the top 10 when he dumped him. Losing to Fritz of all people...awful.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Novak said nearly what Roger said verbatim and gets slaughtered. People are looking to use him as a punching bag. And it’s not as much about Gimelstob and his crimes as it is about Kermode. In fact, most journalists considered it a non-story until Kermode was voted out (in some sort of “nefarious” coup).

• Members

The ATP needs to let Gimelstob GO. 

From what I've seen, Gimelstob was a better advocate for the guys at the top but severely lacking as an advocate for the guys outside the Top 100.  Meanwhile folks are holding onto Justin, there were likely others who would've been far better advocates for players but the ATP were bypassing.  Let JG go his own way!

You don't see NBA players with this type of foolishness.  Compare and contrast how much of the pie NBA players get, compared to ATP players.  Yes, tennis is a niche sport but I'm talking percentages of the profits.  NBA players are almost on full parity with the organizations, while ATP players as a whole are barely out of the single digits in how much of the profits they share in.  

The reason why JG managed to make inroads was not because he was so great at his job, it was because he was willing to deal with all the details that the players do not want to deal with, although I can't blame the players for this-- they're busy and it's the job of lawyers, agents and unions to deal with the finer points. 

Perhaps if the ATP had a union, there would be no need for the likes of a Gimelstob.