The Tennis Thread

• Members

Tsitsipas upsets Sascha. I didn't expect that even though Sascha has been playing rather dreadful. Tsitsipas now has a 2-1 lead in their HH match ups. With the loss Sascha drops to #5 in the world and Thiem moves back up to #4.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A Venus vs Serena second round in Italy with winner getting maybe Sloane Stephens in the third round who by the way disappointed again today.

And Tennis Channel is getting blasted for not showing the Tsitsipas vs Zverev match......

And Nadal played really well against Stan. Surprised it wasn't closer and now the Rafa fans are saying he will win the French Open and is unstoppable.....to which someone posted....he's been stoppable the last two weeks...LOL

@ChitHappens  Tennis Channel just confirmed that Ki Ki was already in Italy playing qualifying......dump her Dominic now......LOL

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Had Thiem beaten Joker he would've played back to back as he just made the doubles finals with Diego. Thiem said he played well against Joker during his interview. He looked great in the first set until the tie breaker where he looked mentally fatigued IMO. He looked really happy making the doubles final. His team was there minus his mom....I guess she doesn't care for doubles....LOL.  Its too bad Thiem didn't win in singles because a lot of people had him winning it all even some sports writers who never pick Thiem.

Joker vs Nadal final.....zzzzzzzzzzz

Oh and the Thiem rubbing is ridiculous....saying he couldn't beat all 3 at the same time....some who are Fed fans.....I seem to remember Roger not able to win Paris until Nadal lost early....how soon Fed fans forget. 

Roger posted a happy video of him announcing he will play Italy...to which Roger haters said...I see you have something to say now....you said nothing after losing to Thiem.........you jerk.....I found that.....LOL

Not happy that Italy used the old rankings and Thiem gets hosed....should be seeded #4 and not #5 since draw is out too....interesting Roger vs FAA possible 3rd round in Italy.......oh Roger......thinking he can compete in a slower clay court with damp conditions...we know how Italy gets and Paris too....LOL

• Members

Rafa runs to the net.....

Rafa misses volley in the net .....

Madrid/Rafa fans......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LMAO that was so funny....and Simona was there watching as well. 

Surprised Tsitsipas beat him. 

Rafa still with no clay court titles this year. 

Stefanos hits career high #7 in the rankings with win over Rafa. If he wins the finals he will jump to #6 in the world. 

• Members

Nadal looked rather pissed while shaking Tsitsipas hand. 

I like her groundstrokes but hate her serve. Bertens totally missing the easy winner and the ball hitting Halep's body was hilarious....LOL

Interesting that some are getting sick of Roger especially when this video popped up. They are getting tired of his fame going to his head. Well he or won't he play look at me to find out....

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Matteo is really an average player. He won a 250 two weeks ago but in Monte Carlo he lost early and looked horrible in Miami.

The Italian men seem to show up only in their home tourney. Their awful fans pump them up. The rest of the year the Italian men are non existent.