The Tennis Thread

• Members

The Real Househusbands of the ATP are going at it on Twitter!:lol:

Andy Murray vs. Stakhovsky

Dusan Lajovic just told Rajeev Ram he'd rather watch Serena eat tacos than watch him play tennis!:ph34r::lol:

Andy Roddick put Darren Rovell, some sports blogger/journalist in his place.

I have to go to bed but the fun is endless!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Venus vs Serena always brings in high ratings as it did this past US Open. Anything Serena brings in ratings…as for Roger he brings them in too but it also depends on who he plays. I will say Novak does not bring in ratings or fan fare….thus his behavior when he is losing and the fans are supporting his opponent in majors.

Andy Murray is on the women's side….good for him…I may not like his tennis or antics on the court but glad to see he supports women's tennis. Stakhovsky comes off as an a hole….LOL….he needs to work on his game and worry about that instead of women's tennis. Rajeev Ram is such a boring and awful player…Id rather watch anyone else but him play…..what did that fool say? And what did Stakhovsky say too??

I didnt care for Tennis Channel and the way they brushed aside Novak's comments. I guess being number 1 does help.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I hadn't seen Tommy Paul play before …they(the media) had made a hoopla about him….I was impressed with his game. I thought he should have won his match. I like his game better than Fritz. I know he won the French Open last year so that bodes well for American males in clay in the coming years. Was surprised that Borna lost too…man was he upset and barking at his camp while leaving the court….LOL.

• Members

Loving the game of Kyle Edmund. His game is so much better than Murray's. Imagine if he had a quality coach. I love that Novak is getting the business from fans in the stands…LOL. And he had a talk with Chris Evert and Billie Jean about his comments. Yeah whatever…of course everything is forgotten because he is the top male in the tour. I am sure had it been another tennis player saying that he would have been toast.

• Members

The Miami Open tournament needs serious improvements to its facilities and STAT!  It is so rundown with lights that flare out right in the middle of matches at night, burnt PA systems, etc.  And except for a few matches (I missed the Edmund match) most have been lackluster.  I think many of the offcourt drama seems to be draining some of the players at the moment.

What's going on off-court?  Let's review the year thus far:

Match-fixing scandals

Drug/Doping Offenses

Sexism/Equal Pay matter revisited and the ensuing clapback between players and fans and sports journalists alike

and now...MURDER!

* Then there's the DelPotro question--his loss to Zeballo after having his wrist evaluated by an oncourt physio.

*Then there's the Federer question-- While Federer officially withdrew with a stomach virus, there were reports of him seen limping around the complex yesterday, so some are questioning the official reason for his withrawal.

This year, tennis has more drama going on than any of the 4 remaining Daytime dramas combined!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Monfils should have lost to Dimitrov. Monfils handed him the 3rd set at the beginning only for Grigor to mess it up. I couldn't believe the slow paced serves Grigor was giving Monfils. He wasn't even trying to ace him? I don't know whats going on in his head but it sure isn't winning tennis matches. He only beat Andy because Murray was playing worse than him that day. Kei….eh…..I had high hopes for him when he made the finals in the US Open…now I have none….he is Chang all over again…he might win a major one day but wouldn't be surprised if he ever did. Kei was on fire 2 years ago and now he is just limping into matches. I hope its Theim that comes through and dethrones the supposed big 4 that ESPN wants us to believe. I don't see the rest in the top 20 dethroning them. Milos is so overrated…when he gets to the finals he goes out with a whimper and uses injury as an excuse for the loss…..Murray at Australian Open and last week against Novak. 

• Members

Maybe the surface just wasn't great for Dimitrov's game?  Monfils tends to excel on clay courts and from what I've heard, Miami is playing quite slowly this year.  I guess I saw that match completely different than you, I thought it was one of the better quality matches on the men's side.  Grigor has only beaten Monfils once in their 5 meetings so perhaps that played into it as well?

Well, so far, Kei's not limping in his match vs. Kyrgios.  He seems quite focused.

ETA:  Kei really handled Kyrgios very efficiently.  Here's to hoping he doesn't get dragged by Djokovic!:ph34r:  Seriously, someone needs to beat Djokovic for once.

• Members

A pretty big scandal, in short.  I tend to rattle on sometimes so maybe an audiovisual may be more entertaining :D

Here's a link to a CNN interview with one of the journalists (almost 400 journalists worldwide worked on this in secret, communicating on what I believe to be an encrypted online portal) who got the anonymous tip about this law firm Mossack & Fonseca who had all these files (almost 40 years worth:blink:) on various political leaders, celebrities and wealthy who were using their firm to hide money and financial assets.  In some cases it is legal (although mostly unethical), while in others illegal (drug kingpins or dictators squirreling away embezzled funds).

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/04/world/panama-papers-explainer/

Oh, and in the sheer volume of data leaked-- this dwarfs Wikileaks!