• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks @Soapsuds :)

I sometimes forget about the SI Mailbag but I try to read it when I remember.  Thanks for the reminder :)

We've talked about Nishikori's issues on this board.  He's prone to injuries, probably due to his lack of height and labor intensive style of play.  I think the best of three format suits his game but in a Major, with a kind draw he can go deep into the tournament but in order to get anywhere past the QFs, I think he would need a lot of help.  

I don't know why Wertheim felt that Donald Young should answer for what happened in the match vs. Medvedev.  He wasn't the one who uttered whatever it was that led to the default, nor was he the one who gave the default.  Why can't the Challenger tournament director just state exactly what led to the default and the reasons (if it's still not clear) for the default.  A lot of confusion in tennis could be cleared up, if there were more transparency in regards to meting out punishments and penalties.  Like I said before, when Kyrgios had his infraction and punishment announced, the tennis establishment went into detail, even 'outing' Donna Vekic (when even Nick didn't mention the name of the woman) in the process.  Why is tennis choosing to be vague now?  Their openness could be instructive to other young players, particularly from parts of the world that may not be familiar with what is considered offensive to other groups.

Hey, did you hear that the Russian Minister of Sport said that the levels of meldonium in Sharapova's blood were too high to reverse her suspension?  She's basically temporarily suspended but I know her racquet sponsor was trying to lobby for her suspension to be dropped.  Also, since all these other negative tests from Russian athletes have been made public, some people were suggesting that if there were an amnesty, that she'd be included.  I think any amnesty would only be for people who stopped taking meldonium before the deadline with what they believed would be ample time for the drug to leave their system, that does not include Maria, who admitted that she continued to take the drug after the January 1st deadline.  So basically, the Russian Sport Minister says, while he doesn't want to announce whether further punishments are coming and he admits to hoping any punishment won't be severe, her meldonium level "exceeds the permitted limit."

http://www.sport-express.ru/tennis/news/993588/

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Hadn't heard anything about Maria since The Tennis Channel mentioned her a while back. I can't believe Kei is already turning 27…yikes….I thought he would have won a major by now but it looks like its not going to happen. I was intrigued by the talk about how men's tennis is rather will dull…boring….and agreed that Roger is the one that brings it in but his game has only sparks left. Novak as I have said before is such a boring number 1 player in the world. He can huff and puff and win every tournament in the world but he will still be boring and never as popular as Roger or Nadal. I can hardly wait for someone who is actually fun to watch becomes number 1…..Grigor I am looking at you…..or Mr Thiem…..LOL