OLTL: The Countdown to the 9999 and 10000 Episodes

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved it too, but it was too short, especially in comparison to John McDrain's week long sob fest (I would have celebrated that one if I didn't know it was bogus)

It was also a little depressing coming to realization that all these returns are temporary.

I guess I should be thankful Mother Nature felt cooperative. Because of a storm, our ABC feed went blank about two minutes into GH.

• Members

Can I just say I LOVE Nathan Fillion? How soapy would a Clint/Dorian/JOEY triangle be? I also love the always wonderful Dan Gautier. It'd be so great for the two of them to come back full time. Eventually, Joey would have to leave Dorian's orbit, in which case pair him with Talia (after Antonio gets blown up along with the boring "working class" of Llanview - I mean just John).

• Members

I thought it was overall okay... I actually dislike the Buchanans/Lords as a whole so going into it, I wasn't interested, excited, or looking foward to today or tomorrow at all. So, it was okay... not great or the best... just okay. It was a nice break from some of the other stuff.

I did like Blair and Max together, I loved them together back in the day and found them to be more interesting than Blair and Todd (and that's probably because when they had the hard hitting drama the chemistry stood out to me). And I liked the Joey/Dorian reminder there. I loved them too, and if I'm not mistaken the affair was with this version of Joey so it made me even more happy.

• Members

I freaking loved today's show. Especially all the uses of history. My favorite was Viki, Joey and Kevin standing by Joe Riley's gravesite. That right there had me in tears and goosebumps all over my body.

Loved seeing Max.

Loved seeing Cord.

The flashbacks were great to see, and I enjoyed them all and they brought back so many good memories of my soap. Seeing Clint and Viki with the boys at the airport and then with the whole family back at Asa's made me long for this family to be put back together. I want my Viki/Clint as head of the family once again.

I was SO afraid that I'd have to endure tons and tons of Dorian siding up next to Clint, but it didn't happen so I am forever grateful, and while Viki has Dorian in that wine cellar can she please slap her. LOL.

I thouroughly enjoyed the entire show and I so cannot wait until tomorrow's show.

• Members

Thumbs up.

For all the should of and could have (and there are some - like this should have been a week not two episodes), it was a vast improvement over the status quo.

My favorite part was Viki, Kevin and Joey at Joe's grave. Note to Ron, build on that and bring back Kevin and Joey.

• Members

It was one of the best OLTL of late, probably since Todd's execution. It was too rushed, but all the history and returns partly made up for it. I hope this problem isn't one of Ron's.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, OLTL has the best production values of any ABC soap. The lighting and direction of each episode is great.

BTW: I am also more of a Max and Blair fan than a Todd and Blair fan also. On another note, it was sad to notice throughout all the returns, I couldn't take my mind off of Fiona Hutchinsons character Gabrielle Medina. What a glaring absence, even though she is dead. I remember her return to the show, and it was monumental for me, I loved her return to the Buchanan fold. I wish Malone hadn't killed her off.

Archived