OLTL: The Countdown to the 9999 and 10000 Episodes

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Overall loved the 10,000th episode, but I had a question: What was the point of having Dorian "confess" to killing Victor? That just seemed to come out of nowhere. I remember years and years ago when Viki remembered smothering Victor with a pillow, that Dorian had always believed she was the one who killed Victor when she withheld his medication, but changed her tune once the autopsy report said Victor was smothered with a pillow. So why would Dorian now say she was the one who killed Victor. It just didn't seem to make much sense.

• Administrator

Loved the family scenes with Nat/Jess/Kevin/Joey, Bo/Clint, Bo/Matthew. Kudos to Ron Carlivati and Leslie Nipkow. It's too bad things didn't work out between the two because Friday's episode was really good.

• Members

I saved them to watch tonight, made a little party, ordered in some food.

That was just some of the most amazing OLTL in a LONG time. I actually enjoyed the whole week, but that was good...

I'm working on screencaps...I did 600 from the first day, so who knows how many I will go for Friday...

• Members

These two episodes just made me sad and not in a good way. Kevin, Joey, Max and Cord are what leading men should be about! Those are some sexy and charismatic guys! It makes me sad to think they're all gone and we have to go back to crappy John, Antonio and the lot.

If I were writing this show all four plus Tina and Cassie would be back. I hate these short term returns that remind me how bad we have it now.

Another thing, is it just me or is SOAPnet dogging OLTL out? This is a big anniversary for the show and we get NOTHING! No reunion special, no classic marathon and barely (if any) promo. GH has gotten an endless supply of marathons and we get From Jess to bloody Tess?! I wish we could've gotten something similar to the Erica Kane marathon. Episodes from each decade showing how different the show has been.

Oh and to stick the dagger in even more...SOAPnet's doing a Seth and Summer marathon for The O.C.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Aug 19 2007, 04:03 AM)
These two episodes just made me sad and not in a good way. Kevin, Joey, Max and Cord are what leading men should be about! Those are some sexy and charismatic guys! It makes me sad to think they're all gone and we have to go back to crappy John, Antonio and the lot.

If I were writing this show all four plus Tina and Cassie would be back. I hate these short term returns that remind me how bad we have it now.

Another thing, is it just me or is SOAPnet dogging OLTL out? This is a big anniversary for the show and we get NOTHING! No reunion special, no classic marathon and barely (if any) promo. GH has gotten an endless supply of marathons and we get From Jess to bloody Tess?! I wish we could've gotten something similar to the Erica Kane marathon. Episodes from each decade showing how different the show has been.

Oh and to stick the dagger in even more...SOAPnet's doing a Seth and Summer marathon for The O.C.

I so agree. Kevin, Joey, Max & Cord (and Alex) should all be brough back full-time. Get a great re-cast for Joey, since Nathan Fillion's joining DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES this fall (maybe bring back Don Jeffcoat, who've I read is interested). I agree with bringing back Tina and Cassie, I'd also bring back Rachel and maybe Evangeline.

I also agree that SOAPNET should be having a big reunion special plus a marathon.

PS: I do love that Dorian has been made to be the real murderer of Victor Lord. I didn't like the re-write of having one of Viki's alters being the real killer.

I'd fire some of the characters that have run their course or just aren't cutting it, such as Michael, Marcie, Antonio & Miles.

• Members

If they bring Joey back it has to be Nathan Fillion. I know he's on DH now but it's only recurring. OLTL and ABC need to do everything in their power to Fillion back as Joey. He's makes Joey likable. Hall and Jeffcoat both were horrible. I do agree that Max, Cord, Kevin, and Joey all need to be back. Get rid of John, Antonio, and Michael.

• Members

I don't think there is much chance of NF ever returning as Joey save an apperance like this week. NF has a very successful career outside OL.

Please just no to DJ as Joey. He was dreadful.

They are in a hard place with Joey and Kevin. Both should be in Llanview and Llanview is less without them. NF and DG appear to be the most popular actors for the role. They can always recast but that is tricky. Joey might be easier to recast since NF has clearly moved on. Kevin I think would be harder.

All of that plus the recast and new character influx to Llanview hasn't created an enviornment conducive to recasts or newbies.

• Members

I really wish we would have gotten a scene with ALL of Clint's kids. I wish Cord was included in the scene with Nat, Jess, Kevin and Joey. I wish the writers would have done had Nat had her first onscreen meeting with her big (and only biological) brother Cord

• Members

I agree. It would have been nice to see Cord with Nat and the rest of his brothers and sisters. There were a lot of things I wished we could have gotten but I enjoyed the little we did get.

Where do they go now? There was a positive response from what I can tell to the episodes and now we return to the before. Is ABCD invested in seeing these shows improve or are they satisfied with what they have now? Looking at the ratings all of ABCD's shows were at their record low in the 18-49 demos so how much room is left between where they are now and the point of no return?

Archived