Movies you wish you never saw

EricaKane70

• Members

Monster ball: As a young african american woman I was so happy when halle won the oscar for best actress, but this was before I saw this movie. I feel like the other African american women before halle like cecily tyson, angela basset, whoopi goldberg, etc were cheated because of this awful movie they have been in way more powerful movies, yet halle got an oscar for this terrible movie. It just seems like she got the oscar for sleeping with a white man, which totally sickens me. Halle shouldn't of even been nominated for that awful movie, what were the voters thinking???? I was so embarrassed after seeing that movie, because I cheered her on at the oscars without seeing the movie, it was total crap.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow, I totally disagree.

Monster's Ball is a really tough movie to watch for me. Not because it's bad -- but because it's emotionally draining.

However, despite what you may or may not think of the movie or it's writing, one has to admit that Halle Berry was absolutely PHENOMENAL in that movie. Love the movie or hate it, I really believe that Halle gave one of the best performances I've ever seen. She WAS that character, Letitia Musgrove.

• Members

You must be the first person I've seen who hated it. I tried watching it but couldn't pay attention for too long. But then again, I had to keep my eye on a whole bunch of children while watching.

THANK YOU! I will *never* understand the obsession. The only thing good in it was that Viggo and Orlando looked best in the roles of Aragorn and Legolas (i've yet to see another role where they looked as handsome).

My picks:

-Timeline (I will never understand why my friend talked me into watching this one)

-Bring It On Again (don't ask)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

"And Johnny Depp's weird portrayal of Willy Wonka? I know the character is supposed to be a crazy eccentric, but he was never this cold and almost creepy. Ewww!"

I don't know why the guy has so many young girl followers. The guy seems to have a fetish of looking like Michael Jackson.

Mystic River. Good Golly is Sean Penn an OVERACTOR.

Archived