DirecTV PSNS: Original Castmember Staying

• Members

Ya, it makes sense, I'm not stupid, I'm not a child so please don't talk to me as if I'm one, thanks. :)

I still hold by my OPINION, as do many other posters here, that a good chunk of the 'actors' on Passions don't have much else ahead of them. Maybe bit parts here and there, as they have had now, but nothing serious. If one of them does land something, well, then GREAT for them, but it doesn't make them any better as an actor.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ya, as I mentioned, a select few of the Passions cast, past and present, have moved on to 'better' things. I hope Zea's show stays around, she's isn't all that bad, but she's no Judie Dench, you know. I don't want these actors not to get better or move on, it's just, that with a large amount of them, they ARE NOT actors.

• Members

Please allow me to clarify...

I was asking if it made sense because sometimes I have a tough time stating my feelings. I wanted to make sure I was clear in my message.

Your opinion is just as valuable as anyone else's, and I don't believe I stated or even implied otherwise. So, I don't quite understand why that is even relevant here.

Like you, I stand strong in my opinion, and I don't think anyone who wants to move forward in their career is a "fool" for not staying with Trassions, a show that offers no growth in the art itself. It seems pretty obvious that some would rather be unemployed than to be on the show anyway... That says alot...

And again, why would anyone be stupid for wanting better? I just don't get that. It's not always about a paycheck...

ANDREA

• Members

Oh, by no means did I mean to offend, you just gotta be careful these days at some places. I see what you are saying and as I mentioned, it's not like I wish the worst for the Passions crew. I do watch the show from time to time, but used to be so much more of a fan.

We actually prlly agree on the state of Passions anyway, I just don't think that any of said actors really have anywhere to 'grow' to, so if they leave the show then whatev. I don't think they'll make it very far, some of them anyway.

:)

• Members

LOL, that is so true. Many actors on PSSNS don't have better to move on towards, but I agree with Andrea 100%. If you care about your craft, you will hone it. I know I've quit a job or two because the work wasn't satifying me. At a certain point, I think people in all professions have to decide if they want steady jobs or careers.

• Members

Andrea has never had a contract with Passions and she likes it that way because it allows her time do work with Breast Cancer awareness. The show has been very accommodating with her not working without a contract and I don't see that changing with the move to Direct TV. Plus, she also now has a daughter who I believe just turned three. I don't see Andrea uprooting her family for a job at another soap that will probably be facing the same fate in the next two or three years and that is filmed in a city that she said she would most likely never return to work and live because of her stalker incident.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Adrian Bellani (Miguel) was not offered a contract.

First and foremost, i would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and kind letters/messages/comments i receive from all of you. I want all you to hear it from me before you read it anywhere else.

I have decided NOT to renew my contract with Passions. After a long wait and wondering whether or not i was even going to be asked back on the show, my team (agents and Managers), and myself decided to pursue other opportunities. We all believe this is the right decision to take, although it was very hard. My decision is simply a career choice, and has nothing to do with the show Passions. I believe life is full of risks, and this is just one i have to take. I am a dreamer, and i dream of having a big successful career. One of my dreams did come true...Passions.

I truly believe that i was blessed to work with and be among such a wonderful cast, crew, producers, and network (NBC). I know that Passions is only a start for me, and i promise you will all see me soon.

I want to wish all my Passions cast and crew the best on the move to DirecTv. i know they are all excited about the move as should all the fans.

At the moment i am still taping, and soon there will be a big turn in my storyline. I've been waiting for that as long as you have. What will happen with the character of Miguel, I don't know.

Thank you all for your support, and thank you for making my time at Passions a dream come true. None of this could happen without you, and i wouldn't be where i am today if i didn't have such a wonderful fans and friends.

God Bless

http://www.safesearching.com/adrianbellani...oard.html?f=380

• Members

PLEASE kill off Miguel. I can't take A THIRD recast.

Meanwhile, why are the cast and crew so excited as he says? Don't get me wrong, I get that they should be happy for continuing to get paid, but um, they're not really "moving" as in, to New York or Hawaii. THEY'RE not going anywhere! IT'S THE SAME [!@#$%^&*] STUDIO! The same sets!!! THE SAME EVERYTHING!! Just a different network!!

WHAT GIVES?!!!

• Members

They're excited that Gwen can now say to Theresa, "F**K you Bi*ch" ON AIR.

They're excited that they can give NBC the finger for cancelling them.

THey're excited about the 4 day work week.

They probably believe the show will morph into something more "special" at DIREC-TV, because

it's cable, and there's a certain "cool factor" if the show becomes a success.

• Members

Can they say f**k on daytime, even on Cable?! Let's not forget PASSIONS is on a DirecTV channel that reaches teenagers.

Why would they give NBC the finger for cancelling them?! NBC is the network that found them a new home.

• Members

I don't think they can say f*** on Directv, and like you mentioned they'd be crazy to use that type of language on the channel that Passions will be airing on; since the 101 is targeted towards teens.....

I'e tried watching the 101 a few times, and found it to be annoying; Passions would be the only thing I'd watch on there...... :mellow:

Archived