DirecTV PSNS: Original Castmember Staying

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No. I wouldn't assume that but to be fair, they aren't, IMO, considered the "main stars" ... although neither is Dylan Fergus and Erin Cardillo. I'm still shocked Cardillo is on contract. I love me some Esme.

I hope to god Fox, Miguel and Jessica are out. I'd prefer recasts ... with actors who can ACT.

James Stevenson said he had no plans to continue with Passions when his contract expired, so when is that? Has to be soon, right? Didn't he just sign on for a year? Or two?

I'll be sad to see Cathy Doe (Simone) depart if that is the case. Sigh. They should keep her! Especially since Kerr looks to be out.

But the press release said "INCLUDE" not "THIS IS ALL WHO IS MOVING ON"

I'm frankly a bit surprised Gering signed on to stay. He always put his negotiations off until the 11th hour.

• Members

James Stevenson (Jared) signed a one-year contract last year; he said he was looking forward to moving on from Passions. Of course, he made that comment before the renewal was announced.

I could see Cathy (Simone) and Danica (Jessica) dropped to recurring.

Somehow I doubt that Fox and Miguel are being cut from the show. Either the roles will be recast, or the actors have yet to sign new contracts.

• Members

TV Guide

Which Passions Stars Will Move to DIRECTV? We Know!

Passions fanatics are wondering which castmembers will stay on when the serial moves from NBC to DIRECTV in September. The verdict is in!

NBC announced today that several of Passions' principal players have signed new contracts. Here's the list :

Eric Martsolf (Ethan)

Ben Masters (Julian)

Kim Johnston Ulrich (Ivy)

Dylan Fergus (Noah)

Galen Gering (Luis)

Emily Harper (Fancy)

Lindsay Hartley (Theresa)

Liza Huber (Gwen)

James Hyde (Sam)

Juliet Mills (Tabitha)

Heidi Mueller (Kay)

Tracey Ross (Eve)

Eva Tamargo (Pilar)

McKenzie Westmore (Sheridan)

FYI, Erin Cardillo — who plays Fancy's friend Esme — has also signed a contract. She wasn't really a principal castmember before, but she apparently is now.

Please note: If you don't see an actor's name on this list, you should not necessarily assume that he or she is leaving the show. Some Passions actors work on recurring status — i.e. not on contract — like Andrea Evans (Rebecca).

I can say that the absence of James Stevenson (Jared) from the list means he will not move to DIRECTV. The Daytime Emmy nominee made it clear that he plans to hit the road in a recent interview.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-...-News/700000047

• Administrator

I believe James Stevenson first started taping in June 2006, so if he's leaving, I'm surprised we haven't heard about his departure.

And yay to Erin Cardillo being on contract. Esme rocks! :)

• Members

Yeah, since The CW didn't pick up Justin's pilot, Lindsey will probably stay. I bet it will be announced in the next few weeks whether or not she is staying. Plus, she and Justin have a kid. It is hard enough for one parent to audition let alone two.

• Members

I was biting my NAILS OFF hoping she would. I knew this thread would have the scoop since it had a sixth page on it, and so when I opened it, I ACTUALLY covered my eye with half of my hand and peeked, and tried to see "Hartley" out of the corner of my eye while also making it unfocused so it wouldn't be immediate bad news.

All I have to say is YES! I'm glad I had the courage to focus that eye, take my hand off my eye, and read the good news!!

THANKS LINDS! LOVE YA, GIRL!

Although, I question how this will impact the show. I mean, had Linds left, I would hope (and have to believe) that even JER would realize it's like a Marlena/Deidre situation (sorry, anti-LHs but it is! lol) and he'd HAVE to kill her off since Ethan's staying on DTV. It would have been a melodramatic last week and EXPLOSIVE way to end on NBC.

Of course, those who do get DTV would hate to see that Ethan and Gwen stayed together, or whatever happened, since endgame was always ET.

Darn. Now I'm sooooooooooooo conflicted! Becauase with LH staying, I seriously doubt we'll get closure on ET's issues, and a reunion, before the show leaves NBC.

• Members

It's good news for sure. I knew Lindsey would stay because she wants another child and she didn't seem ready to leave. I like Stevenson but his ego got far too big and he sucks now. The character of Jared lost his spark about 5 months in and I won't miss him. I used to like JARESA but that's over. I am so happy about Esme. I can't help but wonder if Esme may fill Rebecca's role now. Andrea Evans was rumored to be returning to OLTL so maybe they know she is and Esme aka Rebecca Jr is filling her void.

I am happy though. I am curious to learn of the other actors and GG signing on so fast is weird for him. I have to wonder if alot of the actors know this won't last longer then 1-2 years and just want to finish out with the show. Can't say i blame them. It gave them alot I guess. I just hate we won't get closure on NBC but oh well. I wish them luck.

It seems like Brook Kerr may be gone though. If that is the case, they need to keep Doe. The quotes around Sheridan's name are way too random for me. I still think she isn't Sheridan. They will pull a shock, make her Beth or something, and then they will reunite Shuis and screw Luis/Fancy fans. Oh well. They can do whatever they want when they move. I can't watch anyway.

• Members

Well, just remember that I called it that Esme was being groomed to be the new Rebecca. :)

SO glad I was right (or "Passions" producers read my post on SON!!!) and they decided to put her on contract. :):)

Meanwhile, I didn't want to think Sher-Sher was actually Bethy poo, NOR do I think that was intended. But I noticed some sneaky lines, lately. Like when Sheridan told Spike in the car, "Some people EVEN call me CRAZY!" Well, think about it. At that stage, only Spike and Fancy had called Sheridan crazy. And you don't say "some people" when you're referring to one person, which, if she were the REAL Sheridan, in Spike's presence, would have said, "You and Fancy call me crazy." But she didn't. She said, "Some people," which hints that really A LOT of people think she's crazy.

I didn't like that line because it really seemed like JER hinted at a rewrite and TOTALLY is going to make her Beth.

• Members

I don't think it would be a re-write JSF. I called it from the beginning. They made Sheridan too evil for it to be her. They went from one extreme to another and she was even committing Beth-like acts. JER has destroyed characters in the past but even he knows Sheridan, the REAL Sheridan, would never defend Alistair like she has after all he did to her nor would she put her niece through hell like that.

I knew it wasn't her from the beginning. It's pretty obvious IMO and I think those quotes give further proof. I wonder if they knew what they were doing when they leaked that out.

Archived