DirecTV PSNS: Original Castmember Staying

• Members

King,

Some of the actors just don't feel Reilly's "vision". They don't want to stick around just for the money. Some are in this business because they genuinely care for the art.

Don Swaby left w/o having a b/u gig. Chad was going nowhere.

Natalie Zea left, and in her exit interview, she pretty much stated that she was not interested in playing Gwen chase Teresa every day all day. She said they told her that Gwen would be moving forward. That didn't happen, and she left.

Travis Schultz has been on possibly every canceled show in the past few years, but he expected the uncertainty. I don't think he expected Epig to be going in vicious circles...

Justin Hartley told a fan he was not going to re-sign because he was not feeling Reilly's "stories" anymore. He was on for what - 2 years? He knew the risks, but he left anyway. Justin is a very talented young man, and he will have so many disappointments before he finally gets THAT gig. As talented as Justin is, the man wants to take time and get some acting lessons. You gotta love that.

Deanna Wright said she could not handle the demonic stuff all the time, so it was time to go.

I respect the hell out of those who had the guts to go out there an want better for themselves even if it meant they would be w/o work for indefinite period of time. Not everyone can handle Reilly's morbid vision of storytelling. They actually want to act.

Reilly is one sick fnck, and I think many struggle working for him. Some can deal with it because they have grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle that the steady paycheck can give. Others, it just can't be explained why they continue working on Trassions.

That's my 2 cents!

ANDREA

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I agreed Brook might be gone or else she would signed a contract by now since she is also a vet.

The question is if Cathy Doe wants to stick around continue to be secondary character rather than have her own storyline? If was her, I would bounce and as talented as she is, she can too do so much better. Also she has a longtime boyfriend already in the acting industry so she will be okay financially. Finally with Brook Kerr is gone and Charles (Chad) might not return and Adrian (Miguel) and Vincent and Valerie that means Passions won't be so diversity. Oh well doesn't matter because I won't be watching on Direct TV if Vincent doesn't make it since he is the sole reason why I am watching it now.

GG signed fast because he need that steady income.

• Members

I dont think Sheridan is Beth either. She is just crazier as hell.

That is so messed up that Chris just leaves and we never have the chance to know about his secrets or about his supposely son.

Yeah I know that Phillip J doesn't have a contract that is too bad and I felt he deserve one because he get a lot of screentime as Vincent and the blackmailer stand-in. Id like to know if my babyboy stays even if recurring before I consider to get Direct Tv on a serious level. I sort of been thinking about getting Direct Tv even before Passions will go on there.

But good news is that Erin has a steady acting gig now and I think of Esme as the new Rebecca or Rebecca JR.

• Members

Chris was useless anyway. They only brought him on because GG nearly left and they wrote him off for 6 months. They thought he would leave so they killed Luis off for real and it took them a bit to scramble and change things to get him back in. I wanted Chris's secrets out but I didn't care after awhile. They dragged it out so long I couldn't care less. It's clear he is gone. He ended things with Sheridan and it felt like some sort of closure. I think they wrote him out when they still thought they were going off so they rushed it and now I think they will just go on without him. Whatever. He is nothing important.

• Members

Still, for whatever reason these 'actors' left the show, NONE of them have had anything major. Gotten close, maybe, a few temp gigs here and there, failed pilots, and what the future holds, who knows. But at this point, no one really knows who they are, aside from many soap fans.

Aside from opinions on JER, a good chunk of the 'actors' on Passions will more than likely not get anywhere....cynical, but MHO

• Members

I was wondering if any of the original cast members would go to other shows. I have only watched Passions once or twice, mainly for background noise as I was cleaning house or whatever and my other shows were not on. I see Andrea Evans name is not listed, I hope that it is true and she will be heading back to OLTL as Tina in the fall.

• Members

That is not the point. Anyone who decides that they want to really ACT, and know that Passions is not the venue for that, should NOT be seen as "a fool" for not staying... Some know that they are taking a huge risk, but in this business, you have to.

There are big time hollywood actors (and some small names) who will not do certain roles because the role may not contribute to their skills as an actor, the role may be too dark, the role could be degrading, how people, especially minors, will view them (Arnold turned town the villian in T2)...

Some of these people really care about the art of acting because, contrary to unpopular belief, acting is still very much an art...

Does this make sense?

ANDREA

• Members

I don't watch Passions, so I cannot say why an actor stays or if they like the show or the check. But as for its actors and former actors, I know Natalie Zea (ex-Gwen #2) is among the cast of ABC's "Dirty Sexy Money" for the Fall...and Travis Schuldt did have a recurring role on "Scrubs".

Archived