April 2-6, 2007

Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

GL's still at a disadvantage though, airing as early as 10 AM in some markets and as late as 3 PM in other markets. Hell, some CBS affiliates don't even carry the show. GL is the CBS soap that doesn't benefit significantly from Y&R's ratings. I also don't think Y&R's lead-in is the only thing keeping B&B at #2, since in some markets B&B airs as early as 1:30 PM and Y&R airs as late as 4 PM.

• Members

Oy after trying to watch DOOL and GL last week I can see why they have been getting these numbers lately. I tseems like only a few months ago DOOL was up around number 4 position and pulling in 2.7 to 2.8 consistently but the last few months it has just been getting worse and worse.

GL has reached all sorts of lows for me these days.

• Members

Ouch - bad ratings.

Not many people have talked about GH's ratings. They continue to drop, and are now back at where they were before the 24 hostage storyline. The show hasn't been that bad, so I hope they can rebound.

AMC has been a lot better too lately. Glad to see a little bump there.

• Members

I also believe that many Days fans maybe waiting for Tony to return, for John to finally wake up out of this coma, and for this Brady/DiMera story to start. Until then, they will stay away. I feel that the show was never nearly as bad as others made it out to be, IMO, and that, even with the balance way, way off, it was still light years ahead of where it was this time a year ago.

So, if Corday has finally learned his lesson, and will stay out of Hogan's way, the show will get back on track. It already has started on-screen, so now maybe NBC could do an all-out ad blitz to get the viewers back who were ran off by meddling from Corday and a very ill-conceived statement by some jackass at NBC who decided to say that the show is done in 2009. What an idiot.

I'm looking forward to great Days ahead. :)

• Members

Y&R obviously got the bump because of DRUCILLA, just like last year when they crossed the 6 million mark as Carmen's story heated up. They should've given her everything in the world to stay. I wonder what will happen once her story is over and things get back to how they usually are. At least we still have JillMin!

B&B is a disaster and it's because they only have ONE storyline and that story SUCKS. Phoebe and Nick are two newbies and newbies can never carry a show. Throw in the incest factor and that they have zero chemistry and you have your answer to the ratings decrease. Brad Bell said if you don't like the incest, don't watch and thats just what everyone is doing. They need to start utilizing that talented cast and as I've said before, BRING BACK THE CAMP!

ATWT of cours is not surprising, you can't center the show around teens, particularly two newbies ala B&B. Throw in the fact that Gwen's storylines are all horrible and it's just driving ATWT closer and closer to cancellation. Lets not forget the 2.7's they averaged last year, regularly beating GH. I'm losing faith here. Gwen has just started a new story AND has a twin.

• Members

Good thing Corday is there to take the blame for Hogan! This is exactly what he did at ATWT which I said he would do at DAYS and everyone said it was in the past and I was crazy (and a hater). Corday is not to blame, this is Hogan giving the same crap he gave those last few years at ATWT. Tons of newbies, lots of teens and the backburning of major couples you never thought he'd backburn.

Although I already have accepted what a one trick pony he is, I didn't expect him to backburn Bope or John/Marlena. But he obviously was doing the same thing he did at ATWT which is attempt to turn it into a new show. The grace period is over and I don't expect him to ever truly work out at DAYS. Certainly not well enough to save it from cancellation.

• Members

GH sin't bad, if you're a Sonny/Jason fan. Look at the entire canvas, more then half the characters and couples have been destroyed for "Jesus", sorry, Jason. :rolleyes: Guza has this Liason baby eating up the airtime already and it's not even here yet. Guza is a hack. I'm always baffled when people up GH on the same level as Y&R and what have you.

• Members

The show is in desperate need and no one seems to notice.-- and things only look darker. Losing Phil Carey - sticky to possibly non-existant negotiations with two current MAJOR OLTL players. Couples may have been broken up, but the replacements don't exactly look promising. With these ratings, more budget cuts are obviously in the future -- but whom? (I kind of suspect HBS will go. She may have a contract, but Higley is bent on not using her. )

And not even WHISPERS of Higley or Valentini being out -- which still has me questioning what is really going on with those contract situations.

• Members

I wonder if Y&R will join the rest of the bottom pack once THE PRICE IS RIGHT replaces Bob Barker.

I'm not quite sure if CBS Daytime's lineup is so dependent upon Y&R, but if I were in charge, I would be considering every possibility of what could happen.

Y&R and CBS Daytime in general have to be in good shape incase the ratings dip because of Bob Barker's PRICE exit.

• Members

Honestly, I think DAYS fans are more hesitant than anything else when it comes to Tony's return. If his character is anything like he was from 2003-2005, 99% of fans will say "no thank you!"

As for GL, I think it's been quite interested lately, except for the Dinah/Cyrus/Marina stuff. I'm so glad Gina Tognoni has re-signed with GL, but they need to give her better storylines!!

• Members

Interesting point. B and B took Y and R's castoff as a new love interest for Ridge. Now they've used Y and R/Amber to introduce a new teen to ATWT. They are tieing all the shows together.

Price is Right is interesting in that it has had tremendous staying power for decades -- when even splashy new ones tend to get overexposed, wearing out in increasingly shorter spurts: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, Deal or No Deal. Wheel of Fortune is about the only other one on right now. Even Hollywood Squares ended up cancelled. A lot will depend upon the right host replacing Barker. But it starts out with a far more positive feel than most soaps have -- someone excited and winning something good.

Archived