April 2-6, 2007

Toups

• Members

I don't see whats the big furor over ATWT. Its consistently pulling in a 2.3 to 2.5. Unlike Passions it hasn't dropped significantly. And I think that a new writer might be nice but I like the dialogue and the stuff we have now. Of course I think its better than B&B but that show has such a fanbase that they will watch anything everyday.

Bottom line is that ATWT deserves more praise than you guys are giving it. Its better that AMC, Passions, GH, GL (horrible after Tammy died and Jon left) and dare I say it Days of Our Lives right now. The cast is amazing. The sets are amazing. The writing is great I think. Maybe the storylines aren't perfect but NO soap can claim that.

All that being said I hope and strongly believe that the numbers will be up next week. I have faith in ATWT and I believe its capable of being #3 or even #2 in all Daytime if it just does some good advertising/promotion and puts out great episodes.

And just to let everyone know I've been watching ATWT since 1999. My other faves are Y&R and OLTL. Recently I've gotten back into DoOL and B&B (I'm loving Taylor and Nick).

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

2.9 for B&B is really bad!

I don't think Nick/Taylor are doing much good for the ratings, or Brooke's pathetic attempts to win back Nick. :rolleyes:

Brad Bell has to go, like now! :angry:

As for DAYS: 2.1 again is awful, but it's what the show deserves, and I doubt the much vaunted return of the Dimeras will be the ratings booster so many here are predicting. :rolleyes:

• Members

Any fan of any of the 9 soaps have cause for complaint and can point to the ratings for reason for something behind-the-scenes to change. They are all down lower than ever before. Who'd o' thunk the majority of the soaps would be UNDER a 2.5? Even with the change in ratings points equalling viewers, more than half the soaps are earning numbers that Loving/The City received when they were axed. Back then, Loving/The City was so far away from the rest of the pack, and now 8 of the 9 are right there where they were.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Bottom line: Any of the 9 soaps can be harshly critiqued, and all 9 soap headwriters can be blamed. I can't think of any other time in recent soap history where all 9 soaps had miserable fans clamoring for change.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 12 2007, 12:10 PM)
Good thing Corday is there to take the blame for Hogan! This is exactly what he did at ATWT which I said he would do at DAYS and everyone said it was in the past and I was crazy (and a hater). Corday is not to blame, this is Hogan giving the same crap he gave those last few years at ATWT. Tons of newbies, lots of teens and the backburning of major couples you never thought he'd backburn.

Although I already have accepted what a one trick pony he is, I didn't expect him to backburn Bope or John/Marlena. But he obviously was doing the same thing he did at ATWT which is attempt to turn it into a new show. The grace period is over and I don't expect him to ever truly work out at DAYS. Certainly not well enough to save it from cancellation.

i agree..........however who do u think will truly work as a headwriter of DAYS?! I cant really think of anyone off the top of my head..I want days to succeed so bad but i dont have faith in Hogan Sheffer-------AT ALL!

• Members

But the powers that be are blaming women going back to work and all kinds of reasons why the soaps are losing viewers...They are not looking in the mirror! its the same with radio.They play the same 10 songs over and over again and wonder why people tune out! Its amazing to me they cant see the problem...ABC hired megan mctivish how many times for all three of its soaps? You a boss at days and you allow your headwriter to write off four major stars?! Passions kept telling the same stories over and over again?! And they wonder whats going on when viewers tune out?! Are they serious.....And what happened to romance and the loonging of a couple to be together?On all my children what couple do u ache to be together?Remember jenny and criag?Jesse and Angie?Tad and Dixie?Cmon execs! wake up!

• Members

Maybe these networks need to look at their affiliates to understand why ratings are falling. Last Thursday and Friday, CBS, NBC, and ABC affiliates in the Charlotte, NC metro area preempted soaps coverage for state funerals for two Charlotte police officers killed in the line of duty. Soaps affected were AMC, Days, Y&R, B&B (not shown at all) plus ATWT, OLTL, PSNS (partial viewing...if viewers even stuck around...I didn't). Everything locally is more important than the soaps, so it's not unusual to see shows preempted for car chases, hostage situations, or other "newsworthy" stories. I know CBS did offer Y&R, B&B, and ATWT a chance to see the episodes they missed late at night, but I'm not sure if ABC or NBC provided that option. With the exception of Passions, the others would air later on SoapNet.

Loretta

• Members

Sad Sad Sad!

PSNS hit 2.3 million viewers just 4 months ago, and Now DAYS is almost down to that.

It's very disturbing that the #3 soap GH has a 2.5 and that's what PSNS was getting only a couple years ago.

Something needs to be done to stop the bleeding of soaps.

• Members

Looking at TOTAL viewers though ATWT isn't doing that bad. Yeah Y&R is getting around 5 million but ATWT basically had 3 million and was tied with All My Children. It could be doing even better but at least its not as bad as it would seem according to others.

I feel bad for Days...Passions deserves to be off air and the day can't come soon enough. I just hope the majority of the actors and actresses get real jobs before that time. Especially Lindsey, Galen, Brooke, Julie, and Ben. I want the girls who play Kay, Fancy, and Paloma to get jobs as well cuz they deserve it. The guy who play Jared is cool to.

Archived