April 2-6, 2007

Toups

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yes.Sometimes when a person doesnt get it,u have to keep hitting them over the head with it.

I know that it hurts to say our soaps arent giving us what we want.We want to blame everyone and say its because of this,its because of that.The truth hurts.Thats why you attacked me.I understand.Its funny that you never answered my question.Maybe i wasnt coherent enough for you.If days has dropped so much in the ratings because of the announcement,why has the other soaps dropped such as B/B and GH? Cant answer that can you?!

• Members

ROTFLAMO

I thought I did answer you. I guess I wasn't very coherent.

I think that when NBC announced the cancellation of Passions as well as the probable termination of DAYS in 2009 all lot of soap viewers took a good look at their soaps and asked if there was the chance that their soap would be canceled as well. When one soap is canceled even on another network it erodes at the viewer's sense of consumer confidence. People have been speculating that daytime dramas are too expensive and not worth the cost. I've seen post after post by viewers from all three networks asking if their soap was at risk. It isn't an unreasonable question. At the time Zucker made his statement DAYS was in 4th place with high demos. If DAYS with its solid numbers and 40 years of history was risking termination are any of the soaps safe? I would say that the viewers that were unhappy with what they were seeing were deciding that it wasn't worth waiting for things to improve, afterall things might not get a chance to improve before it's over.

As far as I know the only viewers that have not voiced any concern that their show might be canceled were the Y&R viewers.

I don't know about you but I love the soap genre. I love a show that is on every day of the year and I started watching as a child fully expecting that they would be around for me to hand down to my future grandchildren the way my grandmother shared her 'stories' with me. Over the years I've watched shows that have made me angry, sad, happy and yes bored and even if I miss a few weeks as long as they exist I will keep watching.

Archived