The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the hug, I needed it. I am calmer now.

What happened is my former really hot boss who doesn't like me, put into the corporate files that I was absent unpaid, which I was. However, he neglected to mention that I was covered under FMLA for the time I was out. Because it was so much, my new boss told me that they were going to have to put me on written notice and one wrong move by me and I would be out of a job. I did some investigating and discovered this. At the same time, she noticed that my absences were all together and she pieced it together too. So together we discovered that he coded me incorrectly and as a result, I was very close to being fired. But because of FMLA, I am all good!

He's still hot, but he is an ass. Now I have to go back on FMLA because I probably have to have surgery within the next month or so. Damn doctors

• Members

Seriously, DVRs just aren't all they're cracked up to be.

Take today, for example. I EXPECT "Days" and "Passions." I get ZERO. Nothing.

Apparently, my damn DVR has a mind of its own! Get this: it's a DVD-RW in the player (I'm smart enough to know I need a DVD-RW to record over and again my soaps), but my DAMN DVR decides to "finalize" the disc and turn it into a DVD-R, meaning all the soaps from earlier in the week filled up the disc, and the RECORDER locked it and changed it to a DVD-R!!! DAMMIT!!!

Archived