ABC renews 14 shows for 2007-2008 season

PAsoapfan

• Members

Here's part of hte article that announces which series our returning I"ll post a link to the full article.

ABC Announces 14 Pick-Ups for 2007-08 Season

Source: ABC March 21, 2007

ABC Television Network today announced fourteen early pick-ups for the 2007-08 season for new breakout series "Brothers & Sisters," "Ugly Betty" and "Men in Trees," as well as returning hits "The Bachelor," "Boston Legal," "Dancing with the Stars," "Desperate Housewives," "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," "Grey's Anatomy," "Jimmy Kimmel Live" and "Lost." The announcement was made by ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson at the March Development Meeting in Los Angeles. These series join previously announced "America's Funniest Home Videos," "Supernanny" and "Wife Swap," which have also been renewed for the 2007-08 season.

"We have had a strong year, with two of the season's breakout hits, Ugly Betty' and Brothers & Sisters,' and the solid performance of MEN IN TREES,'" said McPherson. "We are pleased that viewers have invested in these new favorites along with our other returning series. These shows provide us with a substantial foundation to make 07-08 our best schedule yet."

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=19482

Robert

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just glad they let "Lost" stick around another year, despite losing so much of its audience. There has to be a better way of airing the show in 2007-2008 instead of splitting it up the way they did. Why show only 6 episodes and then have such a long hiatus? If it must be split again, there should at least be 9 or 10 episodes the first half of the season, am I wrong?

• Members

Just because some shows weren't named doesn't mean they aren't going to be renewed. There's still time between now and the upfronts.

Don't give up hope, although, frankly, it doesn't look great.

I do think it's time for Jim and George to go. They've run their course.

Men In Trees doesn't surprise me. 10 million viewers is nothing to laugh at. Even if it is out of Grey's Anatomy. It could be better but it could be worse too. ABC can't afford to lose a show that brings in that many viewers, IMO.

• Members

That's true Bran,

NBC shot it's own self when it decided to abandon the multiple camera sitcoms, in favor of the single camera sitcoms. Now what was once the #1 network for sitcoms, has settled into 4th place only ahead of CW. Ohhh, but they are getting good ratings with the upper class. :unsure:

I miss the good old days when the sitcoms had theme songs and laugh tracks :(

At least CBS hasn't abandoned the laugh track on their comedies

• Members

That's why the CBS sitcoms are working :)

ABC needs to go back to regular sitcoms. They have had some good ones (Life with Bonnie, Less Than Perfect, 8 Simple Rules, to name a few) but crappy time slots and not enough press have done them in.

ABC is lousy with sitcoms. They should just air dramas all the time.

• Administrator

Live audiences work like for example: Friends, 2.5 Men, Cheers, etc.

But fake laugh tracks like on HIMYM don't work. The show is funny but the laugh track isn't necessary. Plus it's also written like a single camera comedy.

I think The Class has fake one too.

Archived