Apollo

Ian

Heather

Billy Ray

Clyde

Paulina

Leeza

Shani

I moved Billy Ray up due to his actually showing his personality and musicality this week after that dismal time last week. The three ladies just have to go. Shani was definitly the worst. Paulina is so graceful and really an elegant sight to behold but she doesn't have the personality or flair to go far nor most likely, the fanbase.

It was a beautiful, fun show.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

March 26, 2007

Dancing With The Stars – Who Will Be The First To Go?

After host Tom Bergeron reminded viewers of the scores from the first performance show, all eleven stars and their partners got another chance to perform. The female stars danced the Mambo, while the male stars danced the Quickstep. In the Mambo, the judges looked for syncopated footwork, fast turns, arm wraps, and crossover swivels. In the Quickstep, the judges looked for flicks and kicks, syncopated locksteps, The Charleston, and powerful precise runs.

Apollo Anton Ohno & Julianne Hough danced the Quickstep. Len Goodman said “I tell you what, you’re going to stay for weeks and weeks.” Bruno Tonioli said “This was so fresh and uplifting, it was a dancing tonic.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “You are the surprise of the season to me, because it’s so not expected for you to be this good so early.” Apollo & Julianne received a score of 26 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 47 out of 60 points.

Shandi Finnessey & Brian Fortuna danced the Mambo. Carrie Ann Inaba said “I didn’t think there was anything special about it.” Len Goodman said “In coping with the choreography, you forgot to come out and really sell it.” Bruno Tonioli said “You got it most of the time, but a lot of time I felt that the choreography challenged you, and you lost some of the momentum.” Shandi & Brian received a score of 20 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 39 out of 60 points.

Clyde Drexler & Elena Grinenko danced the Quickstep. Bruno Tonioli said “It’s David and Goliath rewriting history and making music.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “Very smooth, nice job, you are a crowd pleaser, people love you, it’s great to see what you do.” Len Goodman said “Well done, Clyde, it was great.” Clyde & Elena received a score of 18 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 34 out of 60 points.

Leeza Gibbons & Tony Dovolani danced the Mambo. Len Goodman said “I thought it was very, very good, it was just a tad careful.” Bruno Tonioli said “You did a proper, proper Mambo, but like a debutante on the first date. Forget that, you should be a tramp. You know the Mambo is down and dirty, so let the tramp out.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “I love watching people laugh while they are dancing, that’s what it’s about.” Leeza & Tony received a score of 21 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 36 out of 60 points.

Ian Ziering & Cheryl Burke danced the Quickstep. Carrie Ann Inaba said “I thought it was a really solid Quickstep.” Len Goodman said “It was a really good all around performance.” Bruno Tonioli said “You elbow was a bit low, and sometimes it was like watching a hare around a field.” Ian & Cheryl received a score of 22 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 43 out of 60 points.

Paulina Porizkova & Alec Mazo danced the Mambo. Bruno Tolioni said “Overall, it was quite good.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “You gave it your best, and you had so much fun.” Len Goodman said “It was a bit stiff and starchy.” Paulina & Alec received a score of 21 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 40 out of 60 points.

Billy Ray Cyrus & Karina Smirnoff danced the Quickstep. Len Goodman said “You calmed down, and the rest of it was perfectly ordinary and very, very good.” Bruno Tonioli said “Forget about the bear, you’ve become a Southern gentleman.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “I vote you the most improved dancer from last week to this week.” Billy Ray & Karina received a score of 21 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 34 out of 60 points.

Heather Mills & Jonathan Roberts danced the Mambo. Carrie Ann Inaba said “You know how to let loose, that was great.” Len Goodman said “It was absolutely great.” Bruno Tonioli said “Beyond any expectation, you were in warp drive tonight.” Heather & Jonathan received a score of 24 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 42 out of 60 points.

John Ratzenberger & Edyta Sliwinska danced the Quickstep. Bruno Tonioli said “That proves that there is plenty of life in the old wolf.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “By the end, you pulled it all together, wrapped it up, and gave us pizzazz.” Len Goodman said “It was a great performance, well done.” John & Edyta received a score of 21 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 38 out of 60 points.

Laila Ali & Maksim Chmerkovskiy danced the Mambo. Len Goodman said “It was the best Mambo we’ve seen tonight.” Bruno Tonioli said “The mistress of the art of seduction, simply irresistible.” Carrie Ann Inaba said “That was hot.” Laila & Maksim received a score of 27 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 50 out of 60 points.

Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson danced the Quickstep. Carrie Ann Inaba said “You did it again tonight, you were light on your feet, you were sharp, you’ve got great movements, you’ve got great musicality, you guys are a really good team.” Len Goodman said “It was a very, very strong performance, yet again.” Bruno Tonioli said “You’re a great performer, and you sold it.” Joey & Kym received a score of 24 out of 30 points, which resulted in a grand total of 48 out of 60 points.

Who will be the first to go on Dancing with the Stars? Joey Fatone, Laila Ali, Heather Mills, and Apollo Anton Ohno, and Ian Ziering are all likely safe based on their high scores from the judges. Billy Ray Cyrus also likely saved himself with a much improved performance, and John Ratzenberger will likely be a sentimental favorite. Of those that are left, our prediction is that Leeza Gibbons & Tony Dovolani will be the first couple eliminated.

• Members

I think, with Heather, there's that Yoko Ono thing going...meaning, the people who know who she is know because of Paul McCartney and most likely hate her because they love him (that's how the ladies I work with feel)....and the people who don't know who she is don't know Paul either or don't care about him enough for it to influence their opinion. I mean, like with any icon, the further away in time you are/the younger you are from their zenith period in the culture, the less they mean to you. I've had people in their 20s and teens ask who Elizabeth Taylor and Rod Stewart are. I'd love to know what percentage of the audience recognized Dionne Warwick, lol.

But, back to Heather for a mo...I know the tabloid media are pretty bad here in the US but I've heard they are more brutal in the UK...and Paul is definitely the beloved national son there. I do think she has a chance of winning the audience over if she continues to do well and if she comes across as likeable.

Now...those folks who were the first "eliminees" from the previous shows...they kind of annoyed me. "America hated me" GMAB. None of them had the honesty or intelligence to say that they sucked at dancing or that maybe they were eliminated because they weren't as good as the others. I mean, Tucker Carlson was supposed to be kept around for sitting in a chair? Get real, people! It's ironic that the person who seemed to have the least illusions about his skill (or lack thereof) was Jerry Springer. I would venture to say Billy Ray isn't harboring too many illusions either, lol. That's not to say that he won't surprise people or himself, like he did this week but, somehow, I don't think he'll be surprised when his elimination comes.

• Members

I think alot of them danced well last night. Billy was better and I think only Shandi, Clyde, and Leeza were a little stiff and not very good.

Pauline going home was not a surprise. Shandi is next. No one knows them and those people always go first in competitions full of celebrities with bigger fanbases. I am not that into this current edition. It is lacking for me on the interest level. I only like Ian and Cheryl, Edyta and John, Joey and Kym, and Apolo and his partner (who are SO going to become a couple). I like Laila but I hate Maxsim. His ego is horrible and I think the audience doesn't care for him. He and his partner always seem to go home early every year regardless of talent and I think his attitude is why.

• Members

I'm not going to watch the results show anymore. What a bore and waste of time. All I want to know is the bottom three and who goes home. Guess I'll tape the last ten minutes LOL. I thought Paulina was more graceful than Shandi or Leeza and not happy to see her the first to go at all. I agree that Shandi will be next and Leeza should go after her unless her fan base is larger than Billy Ray's. I really love Laila and Max. I LOVE Max. Wish I could dance with him :)

Archived