Dancing With The Stars - Season 4

• Members

It seems to me that the cast is very close this year. They were all emotional about Patrick and Shandi leaving. I even felt teary. They are all so much better than the first week and it will be hard to see any of them leave except for me Clive doesn't belong only with his HUGE fan base, we'll be seeing him for a while, I think.

I thought Ciara was not up to par either and very disappointed but I loved Survivor and the lead singer. In fact, I'm going to find their latest recording to buy. Josh was very good and the dance was breathtaking (I think it was Tony and Julianne).

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Loved Ciara and Josh Groban. Hated Survivor. I think that was a different lead vocalist then when they were big.

I think the Bottom 2 was wrong, I think either Clyde Drexler or John Ratzenberger should've been the Bottom 2 with Drexler going home.

My faves so far this season are Ian, Apolo, Joey, Laila. Also surprised to be liking Heather and Billy Ray's growing on me.

• Members

Mulder, you really thought john was bad, I think he's doing good considering his age and his size. I think shandi and clyde were the worst, because they look so stiff out there and unsure on how they are suppose to move. Leeza's problem is that she's just slow, if she speeds up alot she could be really good. The others are great.

• Members

I think the cast this year is just as close as in past seasons. This year is good but I don't know if it's the best.

I loved Ian and Cheryl this past week and they are my pick to win. She is the only professional that has a huge fanbase and that helps and she is the best teacher IMO. She likes to have fun too and Ian has improved so much in only 3 weeks. Without that slip, they would have had 9's.

I also liked pretty much everyone this week but Clide and Billy Ray. Clyde needs to go next and he belonged in the bottom. Leeza was ok but still didn't belong there. I said when this thing started Paulina and Shandi would be out first. No one knows who they are and Shandi's partner was unlikeable.

I am calling it right now...Laila and Max go home before the top 5. Max is so unlikeable and he always seems to go home early no matter how good his partner. He just is too cocky and arrogant and him and Liara clearly have issues. She has that same arrogance and cockiness and she was clearly pissed about breaking the rules. Just like Vivica had the diva-tude last year and got knocked off early despite her talent, Laila will get knocked off as well due to the attitude of herself and Max. I like Laila and her father, just not her attitude and Max.

Joey and Kym are hilarious and that Star Wars theme was great!!! My final 4 is them, Ian and Cheryl, Apolo and Julianne, and Heather. I admite Heather so much and I really thought I wouldn't like her.

The music tonight with the exception of Josh Groban was horrible. Ciara sucked and so did Survivor. The dancing was good. These result shows are stupid. They are too dragged out. Idol does the same but they come up with better ways to drag it. The Jimmy Kimmel thing is horrible and a waste. It's not even close to funny.

• Members

It is obvious that Laila is "put out" with Max and that Max just couldn't care less. I think that Laila is old enough and experienced enough to figure out how to deal with him or turn it around. She is not a quitter nor is she a loser. It will be interesting to see how she handles this. I still think she will win.

The Jimmy Kimmel spot is nauseating. I am at a loss to how anyone could enjoy it and think it's deserving of the airtime. I know that Jimmy has the loser on his show, but surely they could come up with something interesting to prop him.

• Members

Any guesses? Every week it's a different view but based on previous shows, I think that Leeza and John may have a hard time. Billy Ray seems to have found a way to win fans so he could have worked out of the bottom. Now to see the performances to see if that changes LOL. I think Clive should have gone already, but the sports guys seem to last and last and last just like the Energizer bunny.

• Members

I also think it's going to be Leeza or John, unless Leeza manages to break away from the pack and score really well, which I'm not counting on. She has a comfort zone which I don't think she's going to stray too far from...and when you've got Heather taking chances and being more lively than the two-legged women, it kind of puts them to shame, I think. I'm giving John a slight edge with the viewers for reasons of sentimentality and, I think, a little higher likeability factor...I think Leeza will go down before him. I think Billy Ray will stay in for a few more weeks...even if he does as sucky as the first week, I think he may have the country music fans in his corner. Similar scenario for Clyde...2 words...Jerry Rice. I don't think he'll go anywhere near as far but I do think several others will fall before him. I think we are looking at a finals with Joey, Ian and Apolo. Laila/Max are a question mark for me at this point. She's good but I'm wondering 1) how well/badly she and Max are coming across and 2) can she dance any better than the guys over the next few weeks. In other words, while I think she's good, she hasn't wowed me early yet the way Monique Coleman did. I'm still kind of waiting to see what else she can do. Heather I think will make it to the final 5.

• Members

Heather has earned a great deal of respect from me. She is such an inspiration to amputees and anyone who may need encouragement to overcome physical handicaps. Her attitude is beautiful. I hope she goes beyond the top 5, but we will see. Laila has the sports factor going for her, too. When Clive goes, she will most likely get all the sports fans votes. I want to see if she manages to get rid of Max or turns him around. With his attitude, I don't see that happening. He really couldn't care less. Maybe she will get a new partner.

• Members

Wow, I think the judges have been pretty spot on so far tonight. I was thinking some of the same things they said. Laila is reverting...she started out like a lion and is now acting like a lamb. This is what I meant in my previous post about wondering whether Laila will be able to up her performance a little bit so that she can contend with the 3 guys who are doing well, the way Monique made it to the final four. If Leeza goes tomorrow, Laila and Heather will be the only women left and I think it's possible Heather could end up being the sole woman left.

Leeza was dull and looked like she stumbled on those heels. Last week she ended up at the bottom of the pack despite having a high score from the judges. I think she is doomed tomorrow. I wasn't that impressed with Apolo either. Just wasn't feeling it. Liked Ian and Cheryl's waltz but agree he needs to loosen up. John....mostly it was Edyta dancing around him, and what little he did was clunky. Clyde...I don't agree that he didn't try at all, just not hard enough...but I do think he physically can't do it either. I just don't see him improving with any significance.

Wow, tonight was a pretty poor night, performance-wise.

• Members

I so totally agree. Definitely Joey and Kym are the top of the pack with Apolo and Julianne followed by Ian and Cheryl. Heather is fantastic. I grow in admiration for her grit and fortitude every week and Billy Ray's, too. He is really applying himself and looks fantastic...boy if I were younger, hummm he's my style.

I loved seeing Joey's daughter. What a little star she could be herself and John's 91-year old mother. She looks fantastic for her age and so pretty.

I think John or Leeza will go, but then, Clyde should but won't.

I'm not crazy about Samatha either and sometimes I don't like Tom at all either. Same for Len Goodman, but I love Carianne and Bruno.

• Members

Look like someone told the judges to be harsh or stop sugarcoating things. I was surprised when Len brought up the difference in practice time between this year and last. I didn't think that was fair since a good deal of this year's celebrities are busier and have more going on. It's unfair to compare this year to last year in that regard.

I should say that the judges were on the ball about the performances but I just feel like they were a little over the top in calling some contestants out. Clyde was terrible and yes he doesn't really change what he does week to week but for Len to say he isn't putting in effort is ridiculous. This guy played in the NBC and is an all-star. He knows the importance of effort and practice. He just isn't a dancer. Period. He is trying but you can't make someone do something that they just aren't capable of. Simple as that.

Now, on to the rest. Leeza is just so unnatural and stiff. She is probably going home tomarrow even though Clyde should be. John was pretty bad and I could see him going home too or at least being in the bottom.

Ian is a little stiff but him and Cheryl will be at the finale. I always said I liked Laila but saw Max and his attitude bringing them down early and sending them home earlier then expected but they are now dancing badly too. They may perform their way out. I think Laila may be pissed that they broke the rules last week and now her and Max aren't on the same wavelength. They both have the same personality so this may blowup, if they last past this week.

Joey was great and so was Apolo. Heather was solid and Billy Rae actually improved. I was kind of bored tonight because I am not big on the waltz but ok show overall I guess.

My bottom two would be Clyde and Leeza with Clyde going home but I think the bottom two will be Leeza and John with Leeza going home (she was in the bottom two last week and did not to really improve that).

• Members

Okay, so it was easy to predict Leeza's ouster. It'll be kind of interesting to see the performances next week. I think everyone that's left with the exception of Clyde can do better than they have been so I'm not going to count John out yet until after I've seen the dances....although given who various fanbases would be most likely to vote for (i.e. sports fans for the athletes, country-western lovers for Billy Ray, etc.), John could end up gone based more on fanbase voting than the judges, even if he does well. But we'll see. Laila and Max might end up turning people off, who knows.

I knew when I heard that song and saw Cheryl out there in that outfit that the surprise guest would be Drew. :lol:

Seriously, the audience needs to stop booing the judges at every criticism. It's the judges' job to tell the people what they're doing wrong so that they can correct it and improve. :rolleyes:

So...some of you may get your wish if Samantha Harris is too preggers or goes into full mommy mode and can't do the show anymore. :P Just please don't replace her with Lisa Rinna...

Archived