AMC: Wednesday

• Members

Cheap, I think my general problem is pot and kettle and one being called on their s**t and the other not being (except by the fans) - over and over again. That makes me want to defend Kendall even though I think she's a huge moron for even caring in this case. I think she should be happy, relieved if Ryan spends less time with her and Spike. That said...

Ryan made the unilateral decision to take Kendall's child without asking [Ryan and Zach basically strongarmed her, Ryan told her what was going to happen without a "Kendall's two cents" option] and told her the kid wasn't at all safe being near her and than in the same breath he told her she couldn't be with her child unless she moved in with him - more or less unless she OBEYED him RIGHT NOW. The true Ryan. Contradicting and IMO selfish. She can't even see her kid unless Ryan is going to drug her husband (which I assume Zach will have to thank Ryan for soon) IF she doesn't agree to live with him minus Zach, but IF she moves in with him, she can spend day and night with Spike b/c the killer will then say "oops, she moved. I give up" . Yet Zach said "You're Right, Ryan. Don't let her near her kid ever again until she's safe on your command or dead" and Kendall was made to "thank him" not much later.

Kendall made the unilateral decision to not tell Ryan one of his sperm donations was living under his roof for seemingly selfish reasons. So now Kendall is accused of keeping a child away from it's parent and told "she was wrong" to do so at the speed of light, and seemingly with get a whole load more insults ontop of that. How did Kendall keep a kid away from their parent and make the unilateral decision to do that more so than Ryan? Even as much as Ryan? Eliminating the "fluffing" for Ryan (You're right, thank you), I mean, how? And the fact that this is his donated sperm makes a difference, he has no right to declare sperm he anonymously donated as being kept away from him, even if Kendall had literally accomplished that in any real way. You do not act indignant about sperm you freely, happily, unregretfully (to this day) chose to donate for money, knowing exactly what that means, not being declared to your Kingdom ASAP. That's not to take away from Kendall being a moron in not just telling him or Annie (and not b/c she owes him it in my book, but b/c she's acting territorial over him after the way he treated her for years), but it's a valid point.

What I'm hoping happens here is that sense starts being made on Kendall's part as this story finally comes to "blowout." Her issues with Ryan (that led to this story) should be coming from a negative mind frame about the person he is (the history is so there) NOT because she think he's a fabulous specimen and wants to have him in safety deposit. That's where the story loses most of it's comprehension for me, Kendall's actions here should be coming from negative feelings about how she feels about the way he loves and behaves not because she's greedy and think he's a "prize." The chances of Ryan being called on not being a "prize" are so dang small, but got to have hope.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thank you for that response. I didnt have a problem with Ryan taking Spike. He is his father and has the same rights as Kendall. Kendall is teh current target of a serial killer and its bc of her relationship with her husband. Ryan loves Spike and its in his best interest to protect him best way he can. Being with Kendall is a risk right now. Ryan may not have done things the best way bc he's a scared and concerned father. I cant fault him for that.

Again I dont think the issue is about Ryan donating sperm and now claiming a right to know his child bc of that. I think the minute he got involved with Emma and Annie, things changed. They are living together, getting close and is developing a strong relationship with both of them. Kendall sees that. I think maybe she should have told them. If lets say we found out Kathy was Ryan's kid and Kendall found out then I wouldnt care bc none of them have any connection to her and Ryan certianly doesnt so there's no need to tell about anything there. However the fact that she didnt isnt what irking me the most. Its the fact that she's been trying to steer them apart bc of this little fact. She keeps tring to manipulate their relationship to try and break them up and throwing her opinion that she doesnt want them to be together. She freaks out when Ryan spends time with Emma and blew up when she heard that Emma wants Spike as a brother. She then accuses Annie of using her kid to snag Ryan. Why does she care? Ryan is not hte man that she loves so if he wants to be with them, then why should it matter to her. Hypocrisy goes both ways bc if its not her place or none of her business to inform Ryan of his paternity then she should but out of his personal life with Emma/Annie bc thats none of her business as well. But since she does want to butt in here, then she should have told isntead of being so deceptive

• Members

Ohhhh - haha - ok I remember Erica saying that too. Typical Erica, gotta love it!

Anyway wasn't that McT's story? I think AMC was in a mess around that time - didn't Dixie and Braden hook up, and then Braden ended up being the rapist and Ryan got redeemed and became a good guy...meanwhile Jack believed he had a part in his sister's drowning and when Kit came to town claiming to be his long lost sister, he flipped and didn't believe it and hated her - then after one simple DNA test he became her attorney and fought for her to make up for lost time.

Oh and don't get me started with Mateo's little Raquel and the Max fiasco. Probably my least favorite backstory of ALL time.

• Members

Yep, that was all McT. Don't forget Mateo's psychic coma, Harold the dog's death, Mike Roy coming back from the dead even though he had died onscreen in 1984 to break up Jack & Erica, and Joy Hawkins gaslighting Adam. I despised McT's second headwriting stint as much as her current one!

Archived