January 8-12, 2007

R!ck

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM. I quit watching ATWT after five years the week before Christmas because it was just awful. I'm really surprised GH is getting such high numbers because I am about ready to quit that too (I haven't watched it the last two days and I usually never miss a show). I don't even remember what happened last week. I think a lot of the numbers are cyclical. The ABC shows seems to score better ratings at the end of the year and then into the next year but then eventually decline again.

• Members

Good for Days.

Last week was not a big week but the fact that they are holding on to the fans they gained over the holidays is good. I always said small gains are better because they can be maintained. Days is slowly building it's audience back.

ATWT deserves it. I can't beleive I am saying that but they do. AMC has been better but they are going to really be hurting with what is coming.

GH will be fine until March. They are going to do real good with the sweeps stuff, like usual. The key will be if they can keep it up after that. They have been better but not much IMO. I' m not sure if last week warranted a 2.9 but whatever.

I am hopeful that the soaps had a high daily rating for this past Monday. I remember last year Days, GH, Y&R and some few others had huge dailies for MLK day. That should help out so hopefully that happens again. I think Days will hopefully have a +1 boost in next week's ratings. It has been a great week.

• Members

Am I the only one who is not enjoying GH now? I just don't understand what is so compelling about it. I think it has gotten a lot worse. I still can't get over medical professionals believing that Maxie was preggers and then not realizing that she wasn't when she had her "miscarriage". And that tatooed twin priest of the Manny the Psycho is ridiculous as is Carly marrying Sonny (and I actually like them together but this wedding is so contrived). I guess it shows they don't need Jax or Luke to bring in good numbers (don't get me wrong I like Jax and love Luke) but according to the numbers it doesn't matter that they aren't on.

• Members

I agree with you Darcy on this one! I don't understand it myself, the story telling s@cks. It continues to be all over the place. The whitewashing of characters past continues.... The insult of how little they use their Vet actors until they are ready to kill them off.. continues........ :angry::angry:

I don't find anything enjoyable with GH right now....... :(

• Members

same people featured over and over and vets left rotting? Sounds like ABC daytime to me!

I am always disappointed when the ABC ratings bump up, as I really want them to fix their balance problem.

Oh well. Y and R still number one in 18-49! :) As well as overall, despite the drop this week.

• Members

The viewers of OLTL must be coming back with the anticipation of the foolish foursome (John-Natty-Vega-Evangeline0 breaking up.

On a better note, Bravo to GH! My three, well four favorite couples are bringin' the pain (better ratings) SnC, Liason, SkyeLo and NEm!

The only problem is Frons still has employment!

• Members

Nice to see DAYS hold on to that 2.7, hopefully with this above average current week DAYS can slowly keep gaining viewers. I wouldn't be surprised to see DAYS get a few 2.9's for this current week. I won't hold my breath though because daytime ratings are impossible to try and understand.

Is that 2.3 for ATWT an all time low? I haven't watched ATWT in a long time and all I have seen is extreme negativity for the show, hopefully ATWT turns around soon.

I hate seeing GH so high, but that's life.

• Members

What surprises me the most that JP has been able to turn ATWT's younger cast into a boring mess. Jade, Gwen, and Will all used to interest me so much, more than any other stuff that were going on the show. However now, it seems as if they are the most boring part of the show.

Nice to see DAYS stay the same, but it doesn't deserve to be a few points lower than that trainwreck GH.

Archived