January 8-12, 2007

R!ck

• Members

"B&B and GH are really getting close - most of B&B's dailies are 3.0 and GH got a 3.0 and mostly 2.9's. Is this the year that B&B finally loses the #2 spot???"

Well, I was hoping that Days would boot B&B out of the #2 spot, but even though I don't watch GH, I hope it does knock B&B off. It's time for Bell to realize that he can't write the same story over and over again, rewrite history to suit his terrible storytelling, constantly shove characters down our throats, have a rapist as a leading man, and force us to watch the constant partner swapping before people start tuning out. The minute Brooke forgave Ridge, I tuned out. There's nothing that is happening on the show now that even makes me remotely want to tune in. I don't even tape the show anymore. So all I can say is go GH and Days, stick it to Bell.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree. Of all weeks, last week's ATWT did not deserve low numbers.

In the past two months, ATWT had been dark, twisted, and repetitive. I'll certainly agree to that. I have little faith in Jean Passanante.

But last week was the first week in a long time that the show was actually good. If you look back on the board, you will see that we were praising last Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's episodes. Stories finally moved, and it wasn't all Craig all the time.

To me, ATWT turned the corner on Monday, January 8th, was generally decent-to-good last week, and was good on some days this week too (especially Tuesday the 16th).

I hope TPTB does not take the ratings drop for last week, as evidence that they should go *back* to the horrible repetitiveness and dark twistedness of December.

• Members

ATWT was somewhat better last week, but being better than horrendous is still bad IMO. The writer is terrible and every single week it's the same people over and over. I'm actually glad Simon and Carly are gone now. Although I read the spoilers and it's still all Paul, Katie, Meg, Emily, Craig, etc. Enough of these characters. They would be ok if not ALWAYS on the frontburner. Give someone else a chance. The ratings are in the toilet. Come on.

Tom was in the hospital this week and we still didn't get a Nancy, Bob, Tom and Casey - FOUR generations scene. This show has something special but doesn't even know it.

• Members

Nope you are not. I hate the show. It sucks. I hate that all the women are tied to murders. Carly is up the ass of Sonny, Sam and Liz are up the ass of Jason. Skye is up the ass of Lorenzo. It is so boring and stupid. I can't stand Mucky. The only thing worth watching is Scrubs. The rest of the show is godawful.

• Members

I think Frons believes that any viewers lured back in when Cady returned will stick around to watch the Tad/Kathy story. Some probably will but I think most will tune back out AND there are those who didn't stop watching during Cady's absence but will stop watching now because they are absolutely furious.

AMC doesn't have much going for it right now. Zendall, Zarf/Zoe.....and really that's it. Not good, especially if Thorsten leaves.

Archived