AMC: Monday

• Members

Zach agreeing with Ryan annoys me but not that much. Zach is afraid he won't be able to protect Kendall-why would he think he could protect both of 'em?- so I can understand Zach's reasoning....do I love it? Nope but I understand it. Ryan on the other hand...he should have totally talked to Kendall first and hadn't made the decision without her input first

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You guys are maing me so anxious for Soapnet tonight! I will LOVE Babe if she told Jonathan off! It wasn't that long ago that he was giddily slapping women around and killing them. Karma sucks doesn't it, buddy?

I find Zach/Ryan's allegiance to be sexist. Like osmeone stated, the killer would find Spike at Ryan's.

I'm like Janet, so excited!

• Members

I don't like Zach acting any shade of indignant (Ethan, feeling guilty) about Kendall's secret when he and Ryan have just agreed and decided that Kendall should not be anywhere near her child. They not only agreed that Ryan should have the kid, they agreed Kendall should not go anywhere near the kid for the forseeable future but the illogical kicker is Kendall can see and/or live with the kid if she lives with Ryan or just not with Zach. Even if I put that all aside and agreed with R/Z's logic about Spike/Killer, the making decisions without discussing it with Kendall first (IMO they both did that in terms of this situation) again makes me almost want to root for Kendall's idiocy, because hey if they can do it and it's okay because they're big, strong, "smart," protecting men, why can't she? That said, right now I want to kick all 3 in the a** with the kid-related stuff they're doing because I'm finding all their reasoning to be so weak, and well just dumb (as depicted by the writing).

Angry Jonathan. Good acting, but I was like "shoot him (Jon, that is)...and Spike is safer with the Lavery family?" For the first time in a long time Babe wasn't my least favorite character in a scene (thanks Jonathan/Ryan), heh.

Josh is being a stalker, but Babe shouldn't be accepting his gifts and kissing him back and acting all indignant when he's still chasing her tail. She's acting as though she's not leading him on. I'm not surprised, but I'm just saying.

Ah some classic Erica there at the end, nice :)

• Members

I'm SO very proud of Kendall today for telling all to Zach, with no hesitation or anything.

Ryan, I'm still pissed at that asshat. UGH he sickens me!

KWAK shut your pie hole! When your hobag of a daughter spends time in jail for what she did to Bianca then maybe you have room to judge Colby.

LMAO Babe taking on Erica Kane, yeah in what universe? I hope Erica mops the floor with her.

Yeah Spike is so much safer with Ryan now that Ryan's crazy brother is acting crazy again and out of control, yeah so much safer :rolleyes:

• Members

I loved the Erica/Babe scene. The preview was even funnier with Babe telling Erica that she could be calling her "mom" without even trying. I can only imagine what snarky comment Erica had for Babe after she said that. Lately, AMC has been really good, which shocks me. Usually I could barely watch AMC at it's regular time, but this weekend, I actually watched some of the weekly marathon on SOAPnet.

• Members

Uh oh... don't get on the subject of propping, Zen Fan... People might pull out their spears and pitchforks and launch a full out ATTACK!!! :blink::o:rolleyes:

But, seriously. I love how Bianca -- a lesbian woman who attended college, that's lived in Paris and whose mother is in show business -- has never even heard of anybody that's transgender. But Babe -- a backwoods, trailer park, hobag of a hillbilly -- is just right at home embracing Zoe?

Are you kidding me?

Becca Tyree couldn't even deal with Bianca being a lipstick lesbian, but this whore is like, "You're a woman trapped in a man's body? Cool beans! Hugs!"

I understand that Babe is Love, and the whole writing staff will do everything possible to drive that point home, but can we at least write these characters IN character? It would've been much more believable if Zoe came out to Babe and she freaked because she doesn't understand what's going on, and have Bianca -- the woman who is in the GLBT community -- be the one to hold Zoe's hand. Not only would it be less :rolleyes:, but it would also make a much more believable story to have Zoe fall in love with Bianca based on the support she showed her during her coming out. But to me, watching a lesbian woman act appalled and outraged at someone coming out to her as transgender is just "Oh, puh-leeze!"

I guess only lipstick lesbians hung out at the Blue Angel.

• Members

But Bianca didn't say she hasn't heard of TG's, if you listen closely to her conversation with Leslie. I think she asked Leslie if Leslie knew anyone just to bring the topic up and educate the audience. Plus, I don't think Binks is that upset about Zarf coming out to her, she just doesn't believe he's being sincere. That's how I understood it anyway. Oh, and people who are from the "backwoods" can be compassionate towards TG's. I know I have no problem with with Zoe. ;):lol:

Zendall were pretty good today. I'm glad Kendall told Zack the truth about Emma.

I can't believe we are about to go through another JR/Babe war. But on the plus side I think CE's acting has improved since this summer. I find myself liking Josh more these days.

• Members

It really has AMC has been great since November/Decemember onward. It is just really good right now. Hopefully they can keep it up. Loved Babe/Erica in the preview. Susan said at super soap in 05' that she wanted to work with Alexa and they had some playful banter this super soap weekend. I guess they finally wrote some scenes between them. The preview looks hilarious. I can't wait to see it.

How is Babe being accepting of Zoe a prop? Since when has Babe been intolerant or in anyway a bigot around gays, lesbians or anyone who was different? I don't remember that ever happening. As you pointed out in your post when Babe found out Bianca was gay and she didn't give a damn. How is it "propping" that Babe would hate Zoe for who she is inside? If anything it is consistent in her character to accept Zoe for who she is.

Not all people in the gay and lesbian community are excepting of people who are transgender. It does happen. Not everyone is always so supportive when they reveal how they feel. Babe has always been nonjudgemental and has never been one to judge someone based on their sexual oreintation or in this case gender. It makes perfect sense that she would comfort and understand Zoe when she did the same for Bianca back in 04' when they met. Does everyone else not remember Babe's expression when Bianca told her she was gay? She more or less said "cool" or "okay" and it was done with.

I also don't see why "backwoods" people can't except others. I don't see why it's inconcieveable that people from the south can't be tolerant of anyone who is different. I don't see why Babe can't be seen as tolerant because of the fact that she grew up in a southern state. Nothing in Babe's character points to being judgemental or even in any way shape or form bigoted or arrogant. So I don't see how it's out of character and just because Babe came from the south doesn't mean it is impossiable for her to accept anyone who is transgender or gay. Didn't get that at all.

As to the Babe and JR thing. Yes isn't it grand? We get to see something new and exciting :rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah, I kind of agree with you. I like JR, Babe and Josh, in that order. But I don't like any combination of the three. They just all need to get away from each other. It bothers me when Josh is all about Babe and acts like Kendall and Binks are nothing. That whole "all I care about is Babe" attitude was driving me nuts. It seems like that's changed in the last month or so and I'm liking Josh more because of it.

• Members

I hate Josh as it stands right now, quite simply because the writers have sacrificed J.R in order to prop him. If Josh was written out tomorrow I could care less. The Josh/Babe story is the only thing bringing the show down for me right now. It was a breath of fresh air to see Babe doing something for 10 seconds that didn't evolve around Josh or J.R which is why I liked her and Zoe.

Archived