AMC: Monday

• Members

Yes because all gay people are jet setters and are rich people. ;)

As to the backwater comment It seems as if you were saying it was impossiable for Babe to ever met a gay person in the communites that she grew up in. I don't see what the big deal is that Babe accepted Zoe it is completely in character for her to accept people that are different. She accepted Bianca when she admitted she was a lesbian and Babe's comment was "so?" as to questioning what the big deal was. I really just don't see why it's such a big deal that Babe accepted Zoe.

As to Bianca she felt as if Zarf was insulting her so she was less then supportive. I would have wished she would have been more understanding she wasn't. That doesn't mean her reaction was any less plausiable then any other freaked out person who opened the door to a man dressed in a black evening gown professing undying love to her and telling her stories about him/herself as a child.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quit working so hard to miss my points just to disagree with me.

1. I didn't say anything about all gay people are jet setters. I said that Babe and Krystal have been written not to have come from a jet setting lifestyle. Nothing about all gays are jet setters.

2. I was speaking from a standpoint of where the writers are headed with the Zoe storyline. JHC and MMT have stated that they're using Bianca to show the journey of acceptance. I'm saying, if that's the case, wouldn't it be more believable for a character who isn't a homosexual nor has she been exposed to these types of things to have trouble with Zoe first, rather than the lesbian daughter of a supermodel/cosmetics mogul who is running a corporate empire herself in Paris. Having a lesbian not be accepting of someone of an alternative lifestyle seems false to me.

Again, it's not about Saint Babe, Skin. It's about character. Making Bianca angry and unaccepting just to fit story I find is just as out of character as people feel it would be for Babe to react the same way... which I believe I've stated. The conflict in this story is contrived -- not organic.

• Members

I'm just a regular ol' viewer. ;) Nothing more, nothing less. I mean, I would love to dish about meeting Burton Armus during Happy Hour, or tell about all the wonderful secrets that I know from a friend of a friend of a friend at ABC, or tell you that the cashier that rang out my toenail clipper is the sister of the brother that works in props at ABC Television Center...

But why bother? :P

• Members

R Sinclair, you have a very in your face, non-glossy view of AMC you say what you feel and that sometimes ruffles people's feathers. You know the show and are a long time fan and all you want is to see it become the once great show it was. It is the hope of all of us long timers :( Its better right now than it was 6 months ago but certainly not the AMC we grew up on. *sigh*

• Members

I can't believe it, but I'm 1 year shy of watching this show for TWO DECADES. You're right. This certainly isn't the classic AMC, or even its Renaissance period (IMO) of the mid 1990s (my high school days -- Class of '97! Woo Hoo!!!). There's so much intent on trying to make people "stars" on this show (Alexa, Cameron, Ambyr, Colin, Branson), that stories and characters are being sacrified at the altar of Frons, McTavish and Carruthers' Agenda. They ignore great story opportunites and great TALENT opportunities just so their pets can shine.

I described watching this tripe one time as actually being able to see Megan's hand moving the characters throughout the stories like chess pieces -- forcing them in positions just to protect/prop the others.

Archived