Y&R Discussion: Week of January 8

• Members

pp_greet_028.gif to another week of Y&R

This week, Sharon will be celebrating the birthday of Cassie; question is , who will help celebrate w/her?

More of the Kay/Jill story will unfold, and it looks like someone will be hired to start trying to find the real Phillip (I have my own suspicions about this, but go to DTS Spoilers to read that).

Look for the end of Ashley Abbott this week (will they actually show Ashley telling Brad she and Abby will be leaving)

Phyllis/Pheila stuff to keep us scratching our heads (I know Michelle is loving doing these scenes)....

More of the boring Reliquary storyline (Let's all do this together now: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Also more of the whole Amber/Adrian/Colleen stuff (he's who I have a suspicion about)

Also, FINALLY, Vincent Irizarry will come to GC as David Chow; looks like the Winter's family (Dru especially) better be on their toes.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's the best episode of 2007 so far, IMO.

It was boring but in a good way. There wasn't much to write home about but at least I didn't want to throw up non-stop like last week... I guess, my expectations are lowering down too.

The Kay/Jill stuff was okay. The acting was phenomenal and so was the old-school music. The writing was decent although I still think this story is beyond contrieved (the idea is good but the actual stuff on TV is messed up...) and just hanging on plot points quickly put together. But I still love Jill/kay, so I take it...

The cliffhanger meanwhile was BAD - WTF!? They didn't even bother to do sth. exciting or at least to have frozen soap faces.

I loved Peter Bergman and Sharon Case - spectacular but it's getting clearer taht they're not a couple for eternity. Sth. off between Jack & Sharon, don't know how to put it.

Gasp moment: First time ever that Nick & Phyllis were somehow enjoayable together!? They weren't as fake as usual and I loved the Cassie talk of all parties involved.

• Members

I haven't been watching Y&R much lately, but I've been keeping up with net talk. I finally get to sit down and watch today. And I have to say that this Kay/Jill storyline screams plot-driven. LML wants to please the fans by displaying the Kay/Jill feud, but instead of doing it in the Bill Bell way, character-developing way, she concocts some bogus storyline about Kay switching the babies. Now, my Y&R history isn't the best, but wasn't Phillip borin in the 70s or 80s? It's taken Kay almost 30 years to remember this little scheme? STUPID! Definitely something I'd expect on DAYS or B&B, or even GH, but Y&R??? HEL NO! LML, I'm no longer surprised by your destruction of Genoa City.

• Members

This story is beyond ridiculous... It's outrageous to see Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton reduced to such crappy material. Walton doesn't even appear as though she's trying. She was pretty monotone. "If you took Phillip, then who did I raise? Where did that baby come from?"

And you can tell Cooper is trying to do something with the writing. She's at least trying to appear invested, lol. "I...I don't know..."

AHHHHHHHH! :angry:

• Members
:rolleyes: I don't understand how this story is so popular, when if it was done on another show, say DAYS for instance, it would negatively viewed. I see nothing but a plot-driven story right now. Maybe someone could make me see the character-driven point to this storyline? :unsure:

• Members

Thats exactly why I hate Nikki because she's a sanctimonious beeyotch. Just hearing her screeching to "Leave Katherine alone," like Jill is yelling about Katherine leaving dirty dishes in the sink is why she needs the hell knocked out of her by Jill AGAIN. If this was anyone else, she wouldn't shut her trap or take her nost out the air.

• Members

That's what I'm saying. LML had no future storyline for Jill and Kay, so to please Cooper and Watlon (who deserve it), she does some research on the characters, notices that Kay had a drinking problem. Alcoholics tend to black out and may get desperate at times. *LIGHTBULB* Lets say tha Kay stole Jill's son and just "forgot" about it for the last 20+ years. GREAT STORY! :lol:

• Members

Drew, I don't think we are supposed to apply logic to this idiot driven plot. We are all supposed to believe sunshine and rainbows come out of LML's behind to make her pen these wonderful storylines for our consumption. We should be happy, no, Thrilled at her direction. Y&R has never been better. :mellow:

Archived