Y&R Discussion: Week of January 8

• Members

I can't argue with you on that since I'm one of those long-time viewers on the verge of permanent Y&R leave...

it's nice to see Kay & Jill in a storyline. I also think it could make sense. Yet it doesn't because the writing/plotting is piss-poor. What else is new on the "improved" Y&R!?

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only reason I'm even remotely invested in the Kay/Jill storyline is because of Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton. Unfortunately, I think it's gotten to the point that some of us have started lowering our expectations for this once great show.

I've noticed that it's a lot easier for newer or those that never got into before because of Bill Bell's traditional pacing to accept the hogwash that LML dishes out.

• Members

Wow, I agree with every absolute word you've posted in this thread. We usually differ in opinions, but this whole Phillip was switched at birth is lazy and plot driven. It was meant to asuage Jeane and Jess who were languishing on the back burner.

• Members

Drew, you may not like the show now, but I highly doubt you're in the majority as much as the ratings have risen. I'm still loving Y&R. there have been some rough patches, but the show is excellent right now. IMO.

Katherine stealing Phillip absolutely 100% makes sense with their background. You must keep in mind that up until 2003 they absolutely hated each other. Being an alcoholic for so many years would make it very easy to forget. It's not like she was a one time alcoholic, it was a lifestyle for her. I think the storyline has been very well written and I'm loving the return of Jill and Katherine, two of the best characters in daytime!

Now bring on David Chow!

• Members

This Jill/Katherine story isn't terrible. Just, for Y&R's standards, you'd expect something better.

I'm not used to Y&R being so plot driven. In the moment, it can be exciting. But in the long-term, it ends up doing more destruction than good.

The plots aren't bad -- they just aren't Y&R. Y'know?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 8 2007, 02:59 PM)
Drew, you may not like the show now, but I highly doubt you're in the majority as much as the ratings have risen. I'm still loving Y&R. there have been some rough patches, but the show is excellent right now. IMO.

Katherine stealing Phillip absolutely 100% makes sense with their background. You must keep in mind that up until 2003 they absolutely hated each other. Being an alcoholic for so many years would make it very easy to forget. It's not like she was a one time alcoholic, it was a lifestyle for her. I think the storyline has been very well written and I'm loving the return of Jill and Katherine, two of the best characters in daytime!

Now bring on David Chow!

ITA. This s/l is very true to Kay's character. Like she said, she was a HORRIBLE drunk and she HATED Jill will a passion, and given the fact that Jill was having Phillip's ONLY child was enough to drive Kay to do terrible things, such as switching Jill's baby with someone elses so she wouldn't really have Phillip's heir.

I can't wait to see David Chow go toe-to-toe with Dru. Let the fireworks begin!

Archived