Y&R Discussion: Week of January 8

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well everybody knows how I feel about Y&R right now and this story.

I jsut want to add one more thing. Latham has done one thing with taking risks and not playing it safe. She has caused the show to be talked about. And that is what they like. I agree with Chris B that I believe the majority likes Y&R and not the minority. It may be a minority on this website but overall looking at some other boards and looking at the ratings I don't consider those that like to be a minority either.

I love that she has caused the show to be the talk. People are talking about the Phelia story and people are talking about the Kay story and that's a big positive.

• Members

I disagree. Longtime fans will never forget. Ever. Phillip will always be Jill's son. Period.

BTW if you REALLY wanted to point out an oversight in this story it would be when Jill was shot by her masseuse (sp?) Sven and needed a blood transplant. Jill had a rare blood type and the only one who could give her the blood was her son, Phillip. :)

• Members

Talk isn't always a good thing. Look at DAYS, the show has been the most talked about thing on the Internet for years now and they've faced 2 cancellation scares in the past 3 years.

I get that the numbers are there. Do I think that's because of LML's writing? HELL NO! It's because the majority of the daytime community watches Y&R. They have for nearly 15 years. It's no surprise. It's called watching out of habit. I'm just glad I started watching Y&R when I did and can remember the days when the show was good.

• Members

Someone recently posted an article here that said that at the beginning of '04 or '05 the ratings were down a million viewers from the previous year. Y&R's ratings were going down, but Latham has brought them up almost a million. Thats not watching out of habit, thats a sign that a good number of people think the show is improving. Of course it's my opinion, but that many viewers wouldn't return (and stay) for nothing.

Also keep in mind that there hasn't been any special promotion. No primetime talk shows like B&B got for Bette White, not primetime promos like NBC/ABC occasionally get. Nothing. The show is bringing in the viewers by themselves.

• Members

The show actually can't claim the numbers are up anymore, at least not according to the soap mag ratings reports. They've been down a couple tenths lately compared to a year ago this time when someone I won't mention her name was on the show. LOL! :P

Archived