Y&R Discussion: Week of January 8

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok switching gears. Tomorrow in the USA it is Vincent Irizarry's debut as David Chow. Being Canadian I saw the episode today and I thought he was remarkable. I won't spoil it I will just say he gets under Dru's skin, and its only his first day :lol:.

• Members

I didn't have a problem with Nikki being there but what the HELL did she expect when the story came out? Jill was positively restrained considering and surely Kay must have expected some kind of lashing out! It was Katherine that started yelling in the first place! And when Nikki was all "Can't you see how hard this is for her?" Ugh! I really could see why Jill used to try and throttle Kay on a yearly basis. Her and Nikki came across so [!@#$%^&*] sanctimonious. I thought the acting was top notch all round (even MTS though Nikki pissed me off royally). Jill really did have every right to slap Nikki silly and throw her out but I guess she was too preoccupied.

As far as the story's concerned, theoretically it's perfectly sound. As so many have said, it fits in with the past and finally reignites the feud in a way that isn't entirely contrived. Latham understandably wasn't willing to undo the mother/daughter thing and there was no way to spark real lasting conflict from the present without it being incredibly contrived. Delving into the past was the only real way to do it.

Execution admittedly isn't great. I don't like the psychic involvement or Kay's sudden dreams...even though it's snoozeworthily B&B, maybe Kay should have bumped into this Violet woman who would know her but not vice versa. Violet would hound her, maybe blackmail her about something Kay had no memory off. She wouldn't believe it until she went to therapy and had the flashbacks.

Nevertheless I think the gaps are being filled with the dialogue. Neither Nikki or Jill accepted the story immediately. There's this feeling in the air that maybe Kay's losing it and all those niggling questions that would come up are arising in the dialogue.

• Members

Ah, yes! I saw him in that preview and got excited. I had forgotten all about him coming to Y&R, LoL

He looked so goooood in that preview! MMMM. It's amazing what a show with good makeup, lighting, hair and wardrobe can do for a person's looks, LoL.

• Members

Exactly! It's like Nikki just wanted Jill to say, "Oh, Katherine... it's okay. It must've been so hard for you to tell me this. So you stole my child and gave me a total stranger to raise, but it's okay... I don't want to upset you. I love you, mommy." WTF?! That [!@#$%^&*] wouldn't fly if I was Jill.

Jill should've cracked both their heads together (HARD) and left 'em to die on the living room floor together.

• Members

Nikki is an evil, judgemental whore. I've always hated Nikki on a personal level, but I do enjoy the character. The problem with her is that she has no conflict. Diane and Ashley are gone, Sharon isn't married to Nick and she loved Phyllis and Victor right now. When given good stuff MTS can pull it off, but she always seems to get the short end of the stick. Same with Jill mainly because she has no family or friends.

BTW, do tell us more about David Chow! Any chemistry with Dru? Looking in the long term I want them for a romance.

• Members

Chris, I did see some chemistry yes. Its not hard though when you put two talents like Victoria and Vincent together :lol: Wet blanket Neil though came in and ruined it because up until that point in the scene Dru and David had been alone.

Archived