Y&R Discussion: Week of January 8

• Members

The last scene where Drucilla is shocked to find her clothes torn up in her living room were amazing! Another great example as to why V. Rowell is one of the world's best actress. :D BTW: Where's Drucilla's "best friend", Sharon, in all of this drama? Another one of Latham/Hamner's dropped SL?

The Who Killed Carmen? SL is more about what happens to a family during a murder investigation & less to do with the victim, suspects, motives & oppurtunity. Carmen was on the show less than 6 months before the her portrayer was unjustly fired.

My goodness, David Chow is pissing me off & he's only been on the show for 2 eps! :angry: The deranged, evil animal that should die, aka Sheila, gives me more reasons each passing day as to why I hate her! :angry: M. Stafford D. Davidson & C LeBlanc play the scenes very well though.

I actually liked Devon today, which is rare, when he was telling David off. Neil almost beat him down! :lol:

I'm liking Lauren more & more with the PPD SL. Don't go to L.A. Lauren! Bradley Bell will only trash you! :lol: T. E. Bregmann could be an under-rated actress.

I expected Ashley's last day to be better. After all, she's of Genoa City's notable residents (1982-1989; 1999-2007). There's no question that she will return, but as a recast? Who will it be? A friend of Latham? :(:angry: RE-HIRE E. DAVIDSON!

Brad/Victoria: Brad is starting to act like a know-it-all again. "I've been dealing with these people for a lot longer then u have..." :rolleyes: Okay, Bradsky, u deal with the evil art collectors on your own! :lol: Anyone notice Diamont's very dark hair? How bout his orangeyskin? I would like to see this SL deal more with Victoria. She's a more complex character than Bradsky & A. Heinle is an underappreciated actress. She's played Mia Saunders on AMC like nobody's business. :D Thank God Heinle choose not to renew her contract in 2004, she would have gone through the wrath of SFMC (Sweeney, Frons, McTavish & Carruthers)

Cast Changes?: As week each of Y&R passes by, I'm remided of the great decision Latham made by firing JF Smith. Kay Alden & Kathryn Foster, why in earth did y'all quit? :blink: Also, as the weeks go by, I'm becoming worried with the feeling that more actors will be placed on recurring or simply fired like D. Diamont, D. Davidson, E. Steinberg just to name a few. <_<

Writing Team: Though not a great writer, production staffer Lynsey DuFour is becoming better as the months go by. Looks like she's a breakdown & script writer. Latham & Hamner, why not have 2 writers collaborate on each script for tighter focus & clarity like the way Bennett/Gottesfeld & Friewald/Schreiber do? I love scripts by S. Weintraub, JS McCaffrey, E. Freiwald, C. Bennett & J. Gottesfeld. Now imagine Michele Val Jean, Mary Sue Price & Susan Wald on Y&R's writing team!? :D That could be a problem for Latham's ego! :blink::lol:

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This Jack being mad at Ashley deal is so not ringing true. Jack adores his sister and vice versa. Ashley would have been behind the takeback of Jabot 100 percent. This is contrived bull just to get Eileen off the show and make Jack the unstopable demon.

Gloria, die a million times already. Why would she be able to get in the house anyway?

The Jill not being as furious at Katherine as she should be isn't ringing true either. Jill would be wild with rage at what Katherine did. This fuddy duddy disbelief is idiotic to me.

Newsflash Latham: This show is not Dallas and Carmen's death is nowhere the equivilent of "Who shot J.R?" :rolleyes: Nobody gives a damn who killed Carmen.

Brad. If he whines about that reliquary one more time...

If Victor tries to play meddling woman one more time. He needs to mind his own business.

JT as a detective is as believable as cheetah print wearing Gloria as a cosmetics executive.

Sigh. Y&R is just swirling down the drain.

• Members

All I have to say is: KARMA IS A BITCH.....Dru was floored by deja vu..... Now this is what I am wondering....did someone close to David (the ex perhaps, another chick on the side who hated Carmen) whack Carmen? All I know is when this is over, he's going to be wiping some serious egg off his face.

CRC..the only things on YouTube is the confrontation at the NVP Gala, the "Who Killed Carmen scenario, and Dru snapping on Carmen way before murder was considered.

• Members

I just rolled my eyes at the preview for tomorrow where Jana says she "Smells a serial killer"....... :rolleyes:

The dialogue on Y&R is piss poor now, I can remember when they used to use words that I didn't know the meaning of and would have to look up their definition.

Y&R used to make me feel smart when I watched it, now I just feel dumb........ :(

• Members

I absolutely hate David Chow and I'm praying that Vincent is let go after this Carmen storyline is over. He has killer written all over his face. He did it. End of story. Lets move on.

Dru, what can I say? Like Venus already stated, karma is a b*tch. You ripped up Carmen's clothes and now David, the complete unbelievable SOB that he is, ripped up yours. I'm smelling some hypocritical scenes in Drucilla's future...

Mikey G. needs to do something with that hair...

Always nice to see Christel. Give her a story, LML!

The Pheila story is starting to get stale. I was loving it in the beginning and already, I'm sick of Michael and Paul staring at her through those bars while she taunts them. Can we get some movement, please?

I'm liking the Phyllis/Lauren friendship that they're doing. It's not everyday that a husband's best friend, who happens to be a girl, can be all chummy chummy with the husband's wife. :lol:

Eileen got screwed when it came to the goodbye. Even her DAYS goodbye was better than this and she was locked in a freaking dungeon! Now, I'm not one to b*tch about montages/tributes, but I think Ashley and Eileen deserved one today, especially in her scenes with Victor, Brad and Jack. :( Oh well... Come on, Eileen! Come home, babe! Salem's waiting for you!

• Members

I agree with everything you said...especially the highlighted... First off, here come David breezing in, thinking he 'knows' so much..All he knows is that he wanted Carmen back and he'd do almost anything to get her back....Just his looks alone tell me that he could have done whatever to try to get Carmen back...Carmen may not have wanted to go back w/him once she thought she could hook up with Neil... And I had to crack up laughing when he gets in the Winters' face saying "Now I can see why Carmen needed a restraining order." Hello? It seems to me that David is the one following Dru and crew all over GC since hitting the pavement.

I hated that farewell Eileen got. That whole thing was a slap in the face, not just for Eileen, but for the fans of her and her character. I hope Days rubs it in the faces of Y&R a bit by quickly swooping down and getting her back on Days....Those scenes with Jack alone should have had some classic scenes, as Drew mentioned...same for Victor.

• Members

Oh Drew...

Ashley's/ED exit was pathetic. I'll miss the Ashley/Nikki catfights, but I don't think I'll be missing Ashley for long since her chaaracter had become virtually pointless.

My poor Dru, the only woman with style in GC gets her clothes cut up. :(

Michael Graziadei looked SMOKING today. Damn, damn, damn! No more little elf.

Rhiannon the intelligent dialogue left YEARS ago IMHO. And that's not be defending Latham, just stating the truth. Sure LML has sloppy, contrived writing, but the dialogue is fresh.

Archived