Y&R Discussion: Week of January 8

• Members

This is truly freaky, but I agree again! They may as well have just named the character David Hayward because that's who VI is playing on the show. He aslo got in Dru's face and I'm not having that.

Today's epi put me sound asleep. I almost missed AMC because I snoozed off.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to be honest...When I first heard that Vincent Irizarry was coming to Y&R, I was excited, mainly because I wanted to see what he could do on another show...that all changed the minute he said his first lines....Sorry...I just am not feeling it....If they would have had his character in the storyline sometime back during the initial murder, it would have made some sense to me...but for him to come flying into GC, pointing fingers, calling up Leanna Love of all people, and making his stake in seeking 'justice' isn't doing it for me...First we had to see Will Bardwell get all passionate about seeking justice for the death of Carmen "Messy" Mesta, now this person.

I'm saying this now, and it's just my opinion, but I have a feeling that the character David Chow will be backing into a corner.

• Members

Well anyone that gives Dru hell is alright in my book (and I'm a Dru fan BTW, I just like people giving her hell). I see some weird chemistry between Vincent and Victoria and I LOVE it! Dru has been stuck with Neil for tooooo damn long. I think Irizarry and Rowell would be smokin, but I feel they are gonna put him with Sharon Case, and I really don't want that to happen because she is stinking up the join with Peter Bergman and that just shouldn't be happening.

• Members

Well I totally agree with you. Dru DID attack Carmen and she has it coming, it's called the consequences of your actions! And I totally understand why they would write Carmen's fiance' as being pissed and wanting justice for her. And I like Dru but I also wish Dru would get away from boring Neil!

I want Sharon to stay with Jack, I was hoping for a David Ashley pairing but that's gone now! Maybe Victoria will dump Brad/George for David.

• Members

I'm with you a2sassy! I love seeing Dru fueding and this thing with David Chow is very promising. And how fabulous did she look in that dress? I still miss Dru and Phyllis! They made a big mistake by not putting Phyllis into Carmen's place into this story. I'd give Dily a major comflict, further Dru vs Phyllis and Neil and Phyllis have a nice chemistry.

Katherine and Jill's scenes were excellent and I even didn't mind Amber! I love that Jill isn't going easy on Kay. I thought thats what would happen, but she seemed extremely irritated today. Did you notice the looks she'd give Amber? :lol:

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jan 9 2007, 06:13 PM)
I'm with you a2sassy! I love seeing Dru fueding and this thing with David Chow is very promising. And how fabulous did she look in that dress? I still miss Dru and Phyllis! They made a big mistake by not putting Phyllis into Carmen's place into this story. I'd give Dily a major comflict, further Dru vs Phyllis and Neil and Phyllis have a nice chemistry.

I loved the Dur/Phyllis feud and that really would put Daily to the test with each of them defending their mother. And ITA about Phyllis place in the Carmen s/l, but I understand why they didn't put Phyllis smack dab in the middle of that s/l. She doesn't need anymore screen time than she already gets. And I also noticed the chemistry between Neil and Phyllis. Dru would sh!t a brick if she saw it. I remember when Dru was in Europe after Lily's paternity came out and Neil and Phyllis went to dinner together and I kinda liked their little innocent flirting.

• Members

Then watch a year later Brad Bell will bring Sheila back on B&B for a two month run with Kimberlin. I can so see this happening. Sheila's been written so inconsistently on both shows . . .

on a side note - is it me or did Lauren seem more interesting on B&B than she ever has on Y&R? The writing for her on B&B was one of the few things Brad Bell got right.

Archived