Y&R: It's Official...Katherine's BIG Secret

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd buy Jill and David as brother and sister in a heartbeat, but not as late-50-ish mother and late 40-ish son! I think Cane, the other new character debuting week after next, will eventually be revealed as the real Phillip III.

Could David possibly be Victor's unknown son, the result of a long-forgotten teenaged fling? VI surmised in a recent interview that David was adopted by an Asian family, thereby leaving his biological parentage wide open! :)

• Members

Exactly.

That's why I'm rather mew about this story. The actors will be good (and it's interesting how thrilled they are with it) but ever since LML took over this kind of formula tanked everything. There is simply no climax. The reveals, the fights - everything sucks so bad. Just look at Jill/Kay's revelation that they are indeed related. Piss poor writing so I'm not too optimistic that it will be different this time around. No real episode cliffhanger, resolution within two seconds, hug or [!@#$%^&*] slap, next scene...

I'm already furious with myself that I openend this thread. Now I've zero surprise and the on-screen results might also be lacklustre. Oi wei.

• Members

I'm hoping VI's character will be related to Micheal. Maybe a half brother.

I do think he could pass for Jill's son though. Look at Nick/Jackie on B&B. I doubt there's ever 10 years difference in their ages. Same with Cady McClain and Jacob Young on AMC. I'm surprised to here VI is in his late 40's. He can pass for younger, imo. Shouldn't the real Phllip be around 40 or so? The up side if it's VI is that he would be the perfect person to take on Victor as the head of Chancelor. The Victor/Jack rivalry needs a littl break.

• Members

Okay, perhaps, I've jumped the gun a bit by denoucing this story. The more I think about it, it has the POTENTIAL to be a great story for Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton. I'm still not high on LML's tendency of tweaking the past for story instead of using the past and moving forward with story; and I'm afraid of how this will affect Nina and little Phillip IV (that boy sure did give me the creeps, LOL). But I have to trust Jeanne Cooper's instincts. And I WANT the Kay/Jill feud to resume. This might be the only story worth tuning in for.

• Members

crc, you are right about this being the only thing worth watching. This along with Michael and Lauren's story are the only things that feel like they were planned over a lengthy period and set up correctly. It's like like Carmen's murder where they set everything up in two episodes and we sit there wondering "WTF? How did we get here?"

At this point I'm hoping they can wrap Carmen up by Febuary, along with the reliquary and create better stories for the new year. No.More.Reliquary.

Oh yeah and Gloria possibly being exposed is another promising story, but again they have done a dreadful job setting it up. After a year of telling us Gloria is some saint they want to reveal it? What about the months of pounding into our head what a demon Jack is?

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Dec 28 2006, 11:22 AM)
Oh yeah and Gloria possibly being exposed is another promising story, but again they have done a dreadful job setting it up. After a year of telling us Gloria is some saint they want to reveal it? What about the months of pounding into our head what a demon Jack is?

This is what I'm afraid will happen with Gloria. Will Boredwell has been doggedly going after everybody he has been prosecuting up to this point, but there's gonna come a point where they're gonna want to show that he can also be "softie," too. That's when he finds out that Gloria was the one behind the skin cream tampering and I bet he'll soft pedal on her and she'll never pay for it. And Jack will once again be the villain. I'm such a pessimist, LOL, but that's my feeling on this.

Archived