Y&R: It's Official...Katherine's BIG Secret

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lots of scenes with CLB and VI would be wonderful indeed! :) Jill WAS a teenager when she gave birth to Phillip III, so if JW played a bit older than she is and VI played a bit younger than he is (which he's done with all of of his daytime characters!), it COULD work! I DO know that Kay, Jill and David as fiercely-loyal, fiercely-loving, battling family would make them and CE a force to be reckoned with again! :)

• Members

LAD and Jack Wagner are the perfect example of why not to cast a mother and son with only a minor age difference. I was watching the B&B the other day and couldn't get past what a raisin JW has turned into and am really waiting for the big reveal that Jackie is his older sister instead of his mother. VI does not look a day younger than 40 and Jess actually looks her age.

• Members

Jill gave birth to Phillip III as a teenager, so if JW plays her real age (57) and VI plays David as 40 years old (who historically has played characters at least 5 years younger than himself), then 57-40=17 years difference within the story, which is plausible. But I'd MUCH prefer them as brother and sister!

• Members

I agree sheilaforever, the reveal was dreadful! The episode also had Neil admitting to his affair, but everything was so rushed and poorly written that it didn't work. But the blame for that lies mainly on the scriptwriter. I forget her name, Lisa something, but Y&R is one of her first major credits and she started writing in 2003. They should've given it to one of the more experienced ones.

• Members

I think people are talking about when Kay told Jill about the DNA results, not the reveal way back when. I actually thought the DNA reveal was ok for what it was. Not every moment has to be about suspence and drama. I saw that scene as a mother teasing her daughter a little when they both got the results they were hoping for. I'm not sure how else they could have done it, unless they had decided not to have them be mother/daughter.

I'm hoping they both get more meaty material in the New Year and it sure seems like they will.

• Members

It will be so ridiculous if they gloss over the fact that Nina's son Phillip really isn't the Chancellor heir anymore. I really, really hope this brings Nina back the show, even just temporarily. She should be furious at Katherine on behalf of her son, but also compassionate to Jill who pretty much lost her son twice!

Archived