Y&R: It's Official...Katherine's BIG Secret

• Members

Thanks to OceanView at Phick site.

Katherine To Jill: I Stole Your Son!

Y&R kicks off a baby-switch storyline this week, and it has nothing to do with Phyllis/Sheila. It's the shocking revelation that Katherine kidnapped Jill's son, Phillip, when he was born and replaced him with another baby.

"Katherine goes to Nikki and says, 'Oh, my God, I think I gave Jill's baby, the real one, away.' " gasps Jeanne Cooper. "Sylvia Browne said something about violets. That comes from a woman - Violet. Evidently, Katherine hounded her into taking little Phillip and then they switched babies."

Which means two things: Thom Bierdz's Phillip wasn't Phillip after all, and Jill is going to be very mad with Mom.

"Oh, there is some peppery stuff coming up with Jill and Nikki and myself," promises JC. "It's good, old-fashioned Y&R stuff. After a scene, Melody would say, 'Did you feel some Y&R moments there?' And I'd say, 'I certainly did.' The audience is going to eat it up."

And Jill is going to eat Katherine alive.

Thom Bierdz On Fake-Out: "Phillip Wasn't Real?"

Y&R's Jill isn't the only one shocked that Phillip wasn't Phillip.

"Phillip wasn't real? I had no idea!" exclaims Thom Bierdz, who played the role from 1986 - '89. "So they're going to have some new actor come on and play the real Phillip and it'll make a rich storyline between Jill and Kay, right?"

Right.

"It's fascinating," concedes TB. "It's a fun thing to do scriptwise, because Jill and Kay need conflict, they need something to fight about, and this will give it to them. I totally understand the need for this. It makes sense, to keep the plot going."

And who knows? Maybe Bierdz will return to the show someday. "What if Kay faked my death and she also doesn't remember it?" muses TB. "Then when she finally remembers, I'll come back. I'll have to change the epilogue for my autobiography (Forgiving Troy: Hudson House), though!"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Oh, there is some peppery stuff coming up with Jill and Nikki and myself," promises JC. "It's good, old-fashioned Y&R stuff. After a scene, Melody would say, 'Did you feel some Y&R moments there?' And I'd say, 'I certainly did.' The audience is going to eat it up."

That's an ODD comment :huh::huh: But I can't wait to see Jess Walton prove why she's a two time emmy winner... and for JC to prove why she's one of the best.

• Members

^I would have loved that.

And whoever writes the eventual big Kay/Jill confrontation...please don't do it in speeedy scenes. I want a CLASSIC confrontation, not a LAME Sharon confronting Nick/Phyllis over the affair type confrontation.

ETA: atleast there is something to keep me going in 2007

• Members

The long monologues were something I always loved about Y&R. Watching that old scene where Jill crashed Katherine's party on You Tube, I loved it because of how detail it was. It brought up history and showed the character's emotions. It was also done over a series of continued scenes. You wouldn't see much of that these days.

• Members

I think everyone knows how I feel about this storyline. I mean, I'm glad that Jeanne Cooper and Jess Walton finally have something to do, but does it have to be such a horrible storyline? This is the same way I felt whe Don Diamont got his first real story. This was also before LML's true hack colors were shown. I have little expectations for this storyline :(

• Members

It was getting to a point where the scenes were extremely fast, but depending on the script writer I've noticed most don't do the quick cuts. Like the new writing duo from Smallville (they wrote todays episode) who I feel have mastered the primetime pace Latham is going for. The show is still fast paced, but because of what is happening, not due to quick cuts which scream at us "look we're moving!!"

Back to Katherine...

THIS SOUNDS AMAZING! And I see why Jeanne Cooper was so excited hwen she first launched this. She was right when she said no one would guess this. What I like most is that this is something that has to be played out over a lengthly period of time and by bringing Phillip back it's bringing back the Chancellor's. I'd also love to see Billy back so Jill's life could be rock solid. Jess Walton deserves this after years of neglect!

I'd like to see Thom Bierdz return as a ghost to say goodbye to Jill, or maybe even as the real Phillip, but that could be confusing. Plus he's opening gay and I don't know if any soap would want him for that reason.

Archived