October 30 - November 3, 2006

Toups

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the factors that GL went up was because it was good. Last week was filled with reveal of Reva's cancer to Josh, and Reva dying at the end of Friday's episode. Basically the best cliffhanger in years.

I haven't seen GL in 6th place since the summer of 2001. That was when CBS basically had a stronghold on the top spots in the ratings. I'm not sure but didn't GL rise to 5th place then?

• Members

Now I wonder what talented actor will get fired from OLTL to make up for Frons' poor judgement.

The way OLTL will cover is to say the absence of John McTurd caused the poor ratings. In truth it is the fact that fans are sick of being yanked around and disrespected. Kevin gone, Kelly gone, Dorian hiring stalkers, Clint lusting after Dorian, Viki a sofa, Java (urrrpppp).

OLTL deserves its bad ratings.

Even LUke and Laura, the best couple ever on soaps can't undo the mistrust viewers have for ABC Daytime. I know I'm going to fall in love again with Luke and Laura only to have Frons put her back in coma. I'm not inviting that into my home. LOL.

• Members

GL went up because more people watched it. And they watched it because they were interested in the show.....so you can say its not the storytelling, but there are plenty of other things to watch than soaps on tv so people are not watching out of boredom that is for sure.

• Members

I'm thrilled that GL broke the 2.3 ceiling. Hopefully this show will keep rising. Sure, it's not the best ever, but it's entertaining to me every day for the first time since Millee Taggart was headwriter (2002?).

AMC deserves to keep falling. I wouldn't be surprised if both AMC & OLTL are fighting Passions for last place in about 6 months.

• Members

Steve, for the first time since I've been watching OLTL I don't care what happens to the show anymore. ABC plays fans like idiots when he is the idiot. DOOL very possibly is telling the story here. People no longer trust that show. It is a better show now and is committed to staying better, but so-called lapsed fans gave up on it, don't trust it and it is going to be hard to get them back.

Luke and Laura is a pretty good sign that fans don't trust ABC anymore. OLTL has lost any resemblence of a base and it might just be toast.

Archived