October 30 - November 3, 2006

Toups

• Members

Hooray for GL! I wonder if some AMC fans jumped ship and went over there - I know I did and quite a few others I spoke to did when news that VI might join there cast broke. We know that news is unlikely now, but folks may have gotten hooked in (I stopped watching again when I heard he wasn't going over there, but I bet others got hooked- and I still root for GL over any of the Dark Disney ABC soaps!)

Y and R also seems to be climbing... getting some airtime on soapnet might have helped, and I also know AMC fans are bailing and going to Y and R as well.

It's the Disney mindset that Frons is acting upon, that needs to change. Although AMC definately needs a good HW. But changing HWs without changing the focus and direction of the network will not really help. I think OLTL has some decent writers (who are taking the fall for those above them) who actually crank out some viewable material despite the orders from above. Until the foundational problems of what ABC is trying to do with soaps changes.... it won't matter all that much if HWs are changed. Except maybe, on the truly truly truly unwatchable All My Children.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nice to see OLTL get the numbers it deserves.

I so disagree that it has writers who are talented. It is and has been unwatchable for over a year now. The families are destroyed, the couples are repellant, the continuity a disaster, the stories disgusting. There isn't a single redeeming quality that the show has at this point. They need to fire the writers and the production staff and clean house with the talent.

• Members

SWEEEEET!

Go Guiding Light! Who'd o' thunk a 2.4 could beat out 2 ABC soaps, but those are the times we're living in!

Surprised GH didn't benefit from Laura's return.

And DAYS... it's not bad, but it's nothing must-see-TV. Maybe Beth Milstein needs to be HW? Just a thought.

• Members

Here are the rankings for the first 2 days of sweeps (just in case anyone would like to see):

Thursday, Nov. 2nd

1) Y&R - 4.3

2) B&B - 3.1

3) GH - 2.7

4) AMC - 2.5

4) ATWT - 2.5

6) OLTL - 2.4

6) GL - 2.4

6) Days - 2.4

9) Passions - 1.5

Friday, November 3rd

1) Y&R - 4.2

2) B&B - 3.2

3) ATWT - 2.6

4) GH - 2.5

5) GL - 2.4

5) Days - 2.4

7) AMC - 2.3

8) OLTL - 2.2

9) Passions 1.5

• Members

WAY TO GO GL!!!

Good for them! I hope Frons takes notice of this because AMC and OLTL deserve what they get.

I said last week that Laura's return was a failure on GH and it is. A 2.7 is only good if they can sustain it and they couldn't even for one week. They are getting the same numbers they got a few weeks ago without her. Fans are getting smart to ABC and their gimmicks and even they know that this Laura thing is not going to be enough with the same crap going on in the other aspects of the show. All I know is they are really in trouble when Laura leaves because they are going to drop off-that much is evident.

ATWT was boring most of last week so not surprised. I thought Y&R was more boring but they get the numbers so props to them.

I am happy Days is maintaining. The dailies are a little better then they've been with the 2.6's and I think the heavy Steve/Kayla stuff is helping. I think they may gain a bit for this week, it all depends on the dailies for the 4 days since they won't count Wednesday due to premption. They are still doing ok which is good because there is indeed big stuff coming.

Thanks for those sweep numbers Steve. If anything, it shows that other then Y&R and B&B, the soaps are inconsistent. They can be down near 7 one day and then be 4 or 5 the next. These are all depressing numbers and I hope for better next week but the preemptions may hurt or help next week so we'll see.

• Members

No it's too early to even suggest that when Hogan has been here for a month. Beth was great but even some people found her boring at times. Days was in a holding pattern for Hogan to get characters and stories built. Now that they are things will get more exciting (as my fellow spoiler addicts know) Towards the end of last week is when things started getting more exciting although I enjoy the show pretty much everyday anyway. Days really hasn't fell in the ratings since summer all that much. It was at 2.7 and now is at 2.5. The only difference is the other soaps have moved up because they are doing things while Days was getting ready to do things. Plus, they always get higher numbers in the summer not that it can't achieve that in the fall and so on. Days isn't doing that bad. It will get better number-wise and, like so many said, it won't happen overnight. Some people are enjoying it right now and some people want more. The more is coming and to me it started last week and Days held their own last week so not too bad with sweeps and all. I am hoping for a 2.7 by the end of the month with what is coming.

• Members

Hogan has re-established Family Ties and Made Salem a community with ripple effects again. DAYS needed that, but besides that, snooooze. I can't see why that can't be done and still have the show be fun and exciting.

Come on, Hoagie. Show us what you can do. Enough is enough already.

• Members

I am disappointed that Y&R didn't go up for last week. Maybe they will this week. I want to see them at 4.5!!

And waaaaaaaay to go AMC and OLTL!!! Frons, you really taking those shows in the right direction...right to cancellation. You must be so proud!! ABC is really in big trouble but I bet they still won't make any changes.

Archived