Dawsons Creek

LumiLove

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

SIX SEASONS - here are some tips to tell what season it is. I am not sure what is replaying now.

1 - 13 episodes of their sophomore year in high school. Pacey/his teacher romance. Joey/Dawson angst. Dawson dated Jen.

2 - Full season, continuing their sophomore year in high school. Andie and Jack come into play. Abby Morgan was big. Jen had the short hair and was a "baddie." Jack came out of the closet.

3 - Junior Year of High School. "Eve" joined the cast for the fall. Jen and Jack's friendship was in full gear and AMAZING. Pacey fell for Joey. The spring dealt with the fall out of P/J, and their secret feelings for each other.

4 - Senior Year of High School. Pacey and Joey as a couple. Andie left town. Dawson and Pacey's sister as a couple. Graduation etc. etc.

5 - Freshman Year of College. The drama revolved around Dawson's dad. Dawson and Jen reunited. Pacey as chef. Pacey dates Aubrey. Jack rushed a fraternity.

6. Sophomore year of college. Without a doubt, I think most fans would say it was the worst season. Dawson worked on a movie and dated this whore of an actress. Pacey and Aubrey broke up. Aubrey as an alcoholic. Jen dated Jensen Ackles. Jack dated the guy who is now Kevin from Y&R. There was a weird Australian girl who lived with Jack and Pacey. Pacey as a stock broker. Joey dated Eddie (Oliver Hudson, Kate Hudson's brother.) SUCH A BAD SEASON. God, even my thinking about it is getting my blood boiling.

The series finale is actually available on its own DVD. It can't be more than ten bucks or so at Circuit City or Best Buy. You should pick it up. I own it. It's GREAT.

I was a DC obsessor, if you can't tell! :lol:

• Members

Dawson's Creek should have been called Joey's Creek. I loved that show, but the last season there were entire episodes that Dawson wasn't even on. It was horrid. Plus all these other stories with Joey and the bartender. I liked Aubrey, with Pacey. I never wanted him to end up with Joey. Jen was my favorite.

The best thing that came out of DC was Chad Michael Murray

• Members

Hated Audrey...but then again, Busy's face just bothers me in general.

Dawson wasn't on later episodes because The Beek requested not to be on every episode in the later seasons.

However, I do agree that it became Joey's Creek...but since I had no patience for the show following Promicide and up to Merry Mahem...it was all good for me.

• Members

I was a big fan of the first four seasons... but I lost interest in the show when the fifth season began. I also only bought season 1-4 on DVD - I don't care for the rest. The only good episode of season six was the finale, it was perfect.

Dawson was by far the worst character, followed by Henry, Jen's boyfriend in season three. I wasn't a big fan of Andie, either.

• Members

:o Gasp, you didn't like Andie! :lol:

She grew on me. But IA about Seasons 4 onwards. I just couldn't watch them. I never even saw the Series Finale, which I *know* I need to do, like, NOW.

Yeah, I never understood why TPTB thought that Joey and Joey alone could carry the whole show. Although maybe Katie "Troll" Holmes is a better actress than I ever gave her credit for? As evidenced by her tour-de-force performance as Tom Cruise's One True Wuv, of course: "He's. SO. amazing."

• Members

Oh yes you definitely do. I was a very casual viewer after season 3 (I actually managed season 6 better than the preceding seasons) but the finale, with Kevin Williamson back at the helm was fantastic. You are pretty guaranteed to cry like a baby. It's just a very sweet, poignant way to wrap the whole thing up as opposed to the Joey-gets-pasted-in-Paris-via-a-green-screen that was to act as the finale.

Season 2 was definitely the best of the show. Misunderstood Abby Morgan dying, Jack coming out, the McPhee's crazy mother...I remember finding the finale very emotionally draining. But then I was an adolescent myself at the time so maybe I was looking for the drama. ;)

Archived