Two and a Half Men: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

It's all moot, because according to The Sheen himself, he is going on to HBO to star in something called Sheen's Corner. I assume this is news to HBO, but that they will fall in line in order to be part of the Charlie Sheen Winners Awesome Vatican Assassin Secret Army Family.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus. It's just surreal to me that he's out there making these insane statements and no one steps in. I don't know the legalities behind committing someone, but it just seems like he needs time to detox at the very least. He's practically incoherent and completely out of touch with reality. Maybe if he were forced to stop the drugs for a few weeks he'd see how serious his situation has become. Even though I think losing money is the least of his problems, he's lost at least 8 million dollars due to this madness.

If the situation didn't seem so serious to me, I would probably get a good laugh at the way he gave the finger to his bosses. I have to admit CS would be the ultimate "reality" star, but this just seems like a tragedy waiting to happen.

• Members

Damn...2.5 Men is finished. Done.

Chuck Lorre is a ego maniacal !@#$%^&*], make no doubt about it. But he's not gonna put up with bullshit from any of his leads, especially after dealing with the likes of Roseanne and Cybill Shepherd somewhat "early" in his career. He calls the shots, he fights for every disgusting, offensive, barrel scraping fart joke the CBS censors try to cut and throws temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. Chuck Lorre wins.

Mike and Molly has gained traction, Big Bang Theory could always be relocated to 2.5 Men's slot, or Chuck Lorre could continue the show with Jake, Alan, and Courtney Thorne-Smith for another season.

• Members

I agree, I think when a show relies on its crassness and vulgarity to be "funny" its not funny. Its the most disgusting, unintelligent piece of trash to be on t.v in quite some time... and it was a huge hit for god sakes. I'll never understand its appeal. My parents are in love with it.... its really sad to see.

• Members

I remember that episode where Sheen and Cryer had to pretend to be lisping, limp-wristed queens for Cryer's job, and naturally, the gay boss, who had a partner, wanted to get into Cryer's pants (I'm sure THAT would happen). It was like something from 1973. This was accompanied by very bitter homophobic jokes from Sheen's mother.

I wonder who CBS would side with. Lorre went along with moves like moving BBT to a timeslot that has hurt it, so they must not let him have his way all the time. If they think Sheen is the main draw they might go with him.

• Members

Didnt the boss want to get into Sheen's characters pants?? I remember that episode. I think Two and a Half Men will be back next season. If not Id put BBT back on Mondays before Mike and Molly. I dont know what they could put on Thursday Night at 7 though.

• Members

I agree. While I'm sure idealy CBS, Warner Bros, Lorre would love to have the show continue, but they don't need to play Charlie's game. Lorre has produced two other hits for CBS & Warner Bros, he's not some "one hit wonder" who only ticket it Sheen. Lorre can either do a spin-off show or just create a new sitcom altogether starring some other star and at the end of the day, CBS & Warner Bros will probably go along with what Chuck Lorre decides. Cause I think keeping Chuck Lorre happy & pumping out new hit sitcoms for them is overall more important than Sheen is. IMO.

• Members

BBT does well on Thursday. CBS wanted to help their 8pm Wednesday time slot so they put Survivor there and put a comedy block on Thursday cause the one on Wednesday was doing really bad so they moved Survivor back to where it all started to help that time slot out while moving the comedy block to Thursdays. I do think CBS shouldn't have done that cause BBT was really big on Mondays. Hawaii 5-0 could have done alot better with a bigger lead in. CBS should of moved How I Met Your Mother to Thursday's with Rules of Engagement following. CBS should do that this fall.

Archived