Two and a Half Men: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Just finished watching season 6 and I'm glad to report that it's just as good as the first five. I'm glad the show is still on air and will be for some time.

I find Chelsea quite a breath of fresh air and I am interested to see how will they handle her in the upcoming season because Charlie might just end up getting unrecognizable. Then again, he needs to grow a bit eventually. Same thing with Jake.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Report: CBS plans 'Men' work-around

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2011/01/31/Report-CBS-plans-Men-work-around/UPI-59341296523477/

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 31 (UPI) -- CBS has ordered extra episodes of two shows to work around scheduling problems resulting from U.S. actor Charlie Sheen's troubles, The Hollywood Reporter said.

Citing sources, the trade publication reported Monday the network has ordered two extra episodes of "Mike and Molly" and "Rules of Engagement" to help patch holes in the schedule while the top-rated comedy "Two and a Half Men" remains out of production and Sheen, 45, pursues rehab for addiction.

The Web site TMZ has reported Sheen will not be unable to work for three months. Media reports Monday said the actor, who was hospitalized last week following a well-publicized party at his home, was pursuing a rehab program with an addiction expert, but Sheen's publicist, Stan Rosenfield, told The Hollywood Reporter he could not comment on those reports.

"In compliance with the national health privacy laws (HIPPA), no further information relating to Charlie Sheen's health or his rehab experience will be released without his written permission," Rosenfield said. "I can say that all of us who know Charlie care about him very much. We will support him in any we can in this journey, beginning by respecting his privacy."

There has been speculation that Sheen's absence from "Two and a Half Men" could cost CBS millions of dollars but the network said in a statement "any ratings declines will be more than offset by the reduced programming costs for episodes lost this season," the Reporter reported. The network said its schedule is "strong and deep with hit series" and Sheen's show "has always performed well in repeats."

The show was shut down briefly early in 2010 after Sheen was arrested following an altercation with his wife in Colorado.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Woah, CBS just shut down the show for the rest of this season. I feel bad for the production crew who will have to take less pay or they might not get paid at all.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/cbs-and-warner-bros-pull-the-plug-on-two-and-a-half-men-for-this-season/

Charlie Sheen Assails 'Two And A Half Men' Creator Chuck Lorre

• Members

As high as the ratings are why not at least ATTEMPT bringing in a new actor? I doubt the ratings would drop much since they were already limiting Sheen's screentime. It's so sad for the cast and crew to have to suffer because of Sheen and the producers stupidity. Better actors have been replaced. Hell, actors have DIED and the show still went on. Losing episodes last season and now losing half a season is just stupid and the loss of money is huge.

• Administrator

It's hard to bring in a new actor in this situation because the show is based around Charlie's life and he drives the story. The show is not a true ensemble. But yeah, they should at least TRY something because CBS and Warner Bros will be losing a ton of money.

• Members

Well, Chuck Lorre has two other successful sitcoms on CBS, so if Two & A Half Men doesn't come back next year, he can either shift focus to one of those or launch a new one. Which makes me wonder, if CBS gets fed up & pulls the plug for good, will they shift Big Bang back to Monday's next season? It would screw up their plans of expanding the Thursday Comedy Block to two hours (which they want to do), but would stabilize Monday's. Even without all this drama, show is likely going to end soon anyways (next season will be season 9).

I do feel for everyone else who works at the show.

Archived