Days of our Lives Casts Stefano DiMera's Long-Lost Son, Etc.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Drew, I think what they mean by "easy choice" is that Hogan deliberately went looking into the history books, and wrote a child for characters that are almost never mentioned. It's a good move and opens up a lot of doors. Unlike Jeremy, who already existed. I think that's all anyone of them meant by "easy choice".

I'm also thrilled Benji is returning! Wow. I mean we'd all known about it for a few months now, but it's a character I've always wanted to see developed more. I wonder how he'll fit into the story? Not a lot of single girls to go around ...

And to add about the Hogan thing ... I could see him bringing back Jessica before Marie, but I could see Maree Cheatham doing a guest spot for a few episodes. On a side-note, I've always felt Marie should be the new matriarch once Frances and Alice pass on.

And that's sad about Susan and Bill Hayes. I love Susan Seaforth Hayes and her and Bill's absence these past few months has been glaring while Hope has been going through all of this. Hopefully Doug and Julie show up for Christmas.

• Members

WOW! I KNEW NICK WAS A HORTON!!!!!

I was so suprised when I read that his last name was Fallon... I just knew he was Jessica and Josh's son, I kew it and Keith seemed to bee the only one who actually believed me, because everyone else hoped he would be related to them, but they highly doubted it.

I do hope Jessica comes back, one reason is that we need more Hortons and another reason is that the Hortons need to remember she is part of the family, they have hardly ever mentioned her.

And I would *DIE* if Marie returned!!!! I loved her.

As for Benjy.... I am really loving that Hogan has decided to use him even though EJ is not him, I just hope they find some way to have him hear, which Hogan probably will do.

Also if Jess returns, wonder if Hogan would by chance notice that she has the same last name as a certain vet of the ninties who is Stefano's adopted daughter and perhaps make a connection between the two.... ;)

• Members

Reading about all these past Hortons, I do remember seeing what had to be an old black and white pic in an SOD issue long ago of Julie's brother (and Hope's half-brother), Steve Olson.

He was played by none other than Stephen Schnetzer (ex-Cass Winthrop, AW)!

Just to make sure I was right, I checked with IMDB, and he was actually the third actor in the role:

"Days of Our Lives" (1965) TV Series .... Steven Olson #3 (1978-1980)

... aka Cruise of Deception: Days of Our Lives (USA: new title (summer title))

... aka DOOL (USA: informal short title)

... aka Days (USA: short title)

Since he seems very much ensconsed in New York, I don't see him ever returning, but I could just see him with Susan Seaforth Hayes and Kristian Alfonso. They all would look like siblings!

So, Mr. Schnetzer was also playing one of Alice's grandchildren (as I believe Addie was his mother). Pretty cool. ;)

• Members

what are we going to do about Christmas Shows w/o Mickey? It would be really nice if they get John Clark back for a few shows, also it would be really smart of them if Marie Came home for Christmas too. heck all Alice's kids home for Christmas would be a awsome show.

• Members

Benji was introduced during the period that Kayla was deaf as the result of an explosion. Benji was a deaf little boy. Steve & Kayla became surrogate parents for Benji. It was later discovered that Benji was Stefano's son via an affair with Benji's mother Ellen Hawk. To protect Benji from Stefano, they sent Benji to live with his maternal grandfather in Europe. At least, that's how I remember the story. I wonder how the show is going to deal with the fact that Benji is deaf?

Also, Doug & Julie weren't fired from the show in 1984, they quit. They were kinda pissed that they'd been regulated to the backburner as supporting players for teen Hope and other new & young characters after having carried the show for over a decade and being the show's #1 stars. Doug would return under contract for a year in 1987 and it was explained that he and Julie had divorced (again) in Europe. Julie returned in 1990 under contract for 3 years (and used the last name "Horton" for a bit :blink: ). When JER wrote out Julie, he had Doug return, sweep her off her feet, and had them realize they were still in love. Julie left town with Doug and they re-married off-camera. I don't think they were seen again until 2000 for the show's 35th anniversary. They became recurring from that point on, being said to travel often, but making many trips to Salem. It was during one of these trips that they brought the circus to town during the SSK storyline. At some point, it's understood that they moved perminantly back to Salem, but it was never specifically mentioned when because kids are often shipped off to "Doug & Julie's house" for baby sitting. How odd that they appeared more on the show when they lived out of town than they do now that they live back in Salem. :blink:

I think one of the reasons that they didn't go back on contract was that they were caring for Susan's ill mother Elizabeth Harrower (former Days HW, script writer for various shows, ex-Charlotte, Jill's faux natural mother on Y&R) until she died from cancer.

• Members

Thanks Matt I have always read that they were fired. And thanks to I had forgotten that Doug returned in 1987. That was one of the years that I did not have an NBC affiliate in my home, and had to depend on catching bits and pieces of it at work. I worked in a nearby town, and they did have NBC. We had a TV in the office, and if we weren't busy we could watch TV shows. Unfortunately customers and clients came in from time to time. So I forget about some things during that year and a few around it. We got our NBC affiliate back in 1988.

• Members

I won't judge Hogan's decisions until I see how the story plays out and if Blake and Jim can act. I will say that I'm glad Benjy is back. We've got EJ, him, and Lexie as the new generation of DiMeras to shake things up (if Lexie will return to her evil ways). With Patch and Kayla on, it makes sense for Benjy to return.

I do believe Mike, Jeremy, and Robin should return, but we've got to get rid of some more cast members. I think once Farah goes in February, that would be a good time for them to come on.

Archived