Days of our Lives Casts Stefano DiMera's Long-Lost Son, Etc.

• Members

What are you talking about? There is so many possibilities to explain why Tony snapped. Having him turn out to be Andre is definitely not the answer. That's the stupid answer and the predictable one that uses no thought to create. The show could really develop a "Silence of the Lambs" type of storyline with Tony and Marlena. I would love to see it. Marlena loves her work and would not turn down the biggest challenge of her life (Tony), even though John strictly forbids it. There you have it, Phoenix, ORIGINALITY.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You still have not explained why he would snap. I like the idea but when sitting down to write it the only thing you could use to possibly be a reason for him snapping would be how he was always the black sleep of the family and even that is a little extreme. I hate the Andre thing too and hated doing it ib my blog but looking at everything there is no other way to do it based on what was going on with Tony under B&C and Higley. It's lame I know but sometimes there is no other way out. I am all for originality (just read my blog) but you have to go with what was done prior and the Andre out works the best. There would have to be a really good reason for Tony to snap and it just can't come out of nowhere. Nothing under B&C or Higley suggested he was even close to being unstabile so I can't see how your story can be done Drew. Not that I don't want to see it and not that the idea sucks, it just doesn't fit in with what happened with Tony prior to JER's debacle.

• Members

For Tony, going there would be as uncomfortable as the Alex/Roman switch I'm currently doing in my blog. I almost wanted to just pull a recast with Wayne and be done with it, but I was starting back up from where I lef toff, so I wrapped up what I'd started.

While a story like that with Tony & Marlena would be genius, like Phoenix said, it would lack the historical material to back it up. Unless we find out that he ensured that Tony silenced those who would insist he was not Stefano's son, but that would be a rewrite even, because others besides him. I can think of no logical route for snapping. Back in '95, when Tony killed himself, I saw it. As far as the character was being written, he'd lost everything and revenge on John was just so sweet. This time around? It doesn't work. There is NO good way to redeem this character, IMO. And, I personally wouldn't waste my energy on it! :lol:

• Members

Well said Keith and I shouldn't have done it because all I did was use the Andre angle and never even brought on the real Tony. I just didn't have a place for him but I hated seeing what JER did to him so it was something I wanted to do because it annoyed me. Making John back into Roman was extremely hard but it springboards so many stories so I ran with it and made Wayne into a new character so he could return someday.

A story like that for Tony and Marlena would rock but without anything to use from the previous writers, it would just not work.

Sorry everyone about bringing the blogs into this. It just seemed to fit with the conversation.

• Members

You're very wrong, Phoenix and you too, Keith. The story can be done and Andre doesn't have to be involved at all. We don't know what happened when Tony was missing from the hospital after Maya's henchman stabbed him. After Tony was brought back to his room is when he started acting differently. Something could be told. The story possibility is there. If all goes according to plan and Hogan doesn't do too much with the show until December, Tony will be back in my blog and you will see exactly how the story should be told. There are historical and ACCURATE references into the storyline. Don't say it can't be done because it can. The Andre angle can be done and shouldn't.

I have it all my plans for the December 11 premiere. Keep posted and you'll see how it's gonna happen and you will see that the Andre angle is so not the way to go and a lack of laziness on a writer's part.

• Members

Ok Drew I look forward to it. :)

I wouldn't say it's lazy from a writer's part. It is not creative or original but I can't see what makes you think this could work based on what happened in 2002-2003. It is a matter of difference of opinion I guess. I mean how much could've happened while Tony was missing? He was gone only a matter of what a few hours at most? I mean he can't just snap on the premise that he was missing from his room for an hour or so. I look forward to you proving us wrong but I can't see how it will work.

• Members

Well then you're obviously not thinking like a creative writer because any creative writer can make a good story out of anything.

You keep talking about this time between 2002-3. What makes you think something couldn't have happened in Tony's life before he returned to Salem that made him snap? If you remember correctly, Tony had a hidden agenda when he first came back to Salem. He suddenly became interested in Marlena. Tony was never interested in Marlena other than a friend. He was having those trances that came out of nowhere. Remember those? Colin Murphy was the one that treated him. And Tony could've appeared sane because for the most part of his 2002-3 run, he found out he was a father of twins. Kids are what Tony wanted all along and he finally had them. Of course he would be happy and appear sane. After he found out Rex and Cassie weren't his children is when things started to change. We started seeing a more sinister Tony.

Tony is obviously an insane individual right now. I think the best way to redeem the character is to have him come back in a mental health ward after being declared insane and all charges were dropped. Marlena would be brought into counsel him and the Silence of the Lamb storyline will begin.

I just made the whole story make sense in a matter of 2 or 3 paragraphs. You mean to tell me a creative writer couldn't make this happen in a matter of weeks and months. There are so many possibilities by going this route with Tony.

Look, you used the easy Andre out and you don't even have Tony on your show. Why did you even do it then?

• Members

Simple Drew. I did it to erase the damage to the character much like all the things I did this summer. Tony will be used at some point but I don't have room right now in my plans. I totally take offense to you suggesting I am not a creative writer. Read my blog and you would see how original and creative I am and that is not me bragging. It's a fact.

Now as for your story, if something happened before Tony's return to Salem we would've seen more then trances. He was in a coma while he was gone based on what we know and Colin was treating him for his blood diseases. If I remember correctly, weren't the trances a result of his blood disease? I don't see Cassie and Rex being a cover for Tony. There would've been hints to suggest insanity. He was working on cleaning up the Dimera name and was handling business dealings. If he was going insane, he would not be acting normally and responsibly. He would be forgetting things or acting strangely at times. He was going to brothels and acting like some sort of crime lord. Keith is right-there is alot that just doesn't fit.

You make some valid points and, again, I look forward to reading your story in your blog but I think this is all a matter of opinion. Some people see it one way and some the other. Most people suggest the Andre way. Is it tired and unoriginal? Yes. Is it the easy way out? Sure. However, if you don't want to go in that direction and spend months and months on something like you are suggesting then you don't go that route. Everyone's different and has a different direction. I am not saying your wrong but I am just not sure how it work in conjunction with everything else. That is all. Now I think any further discussion of this should be directed to PMing because I am sure people don't want to keep hearing us talking about our blogs :lol: .

• Members

Well no one is really discussing Benjy or Nick anymore, so I'll conitnue this current debate on this board.

It was never said what the trances were from. Viewers only concluded that's what they were from. That storyline was dropped.

And you cannot go by how the writers were writing Tony back then because that was BACK THEN. They were the writers of the show at the time and had their direction of the show. I have mine. I can go back and take bits and pieces from B&C and Higley's writing and incorporate them into my own to make the story make sense.

And you're definitely right about opinions because I have mine and while some of your stories, yes they're original, some aren't. I was a very opinionated person of your TOTAL copy of Melaswen this year, remember? That was a waste of story because it was a total re-do of an already horrible storyline. And what did it accomplish? Nothing. You should've moved forward, but you took two steps back.

I hope you're not getting offended by this because it is my opinion and you could definitely give your opinions on my preview work.

:)

• Members

Am I offended? Maybe a little because I hate it when people say I am not original. That Melaswen story was to fill in the blanks and setup alot of my stories. It accomplished alot including John being Roman, bring the real Stefano back and making Wayne a new character, the beginning of the maturing of Sami, the reveal of Hope being Chelsea's mother and Victor being Greta's father, the reveal that Cassie and Rex are Dimera's, the re-introduction of Ernesto, the exits of Philip and Bonnie the shocking deaths of Jennifer and Marlena, the setup of Carrie/Alan, and the setup of Maggie/Victor/Caroline. That all stemmed from that story and all that alone shows originality and that this story did alot. I needed everyone in one place and the first Melaswen story annoyed me so I went back and filled in the blanks. Ernesto should've been the mastermind in the first place so I went back and did it. I will admit all the dying and resurrecting sucked but it got everything where I needed it. I know many PMed me and said they loved it. Matter of opinion again I guess.

As for going by what the writer's wrote back then, you have to go by that. It's character history and if you are writing something based on the show you have to take what is giving. When I did the John is Roman reveal, I had to go through so much history to explain everything right. Your idea would have be done the same way. You would have to look at the history and see what is there to work with and I still don't see how your story will work. It may work out very well and, if it does, I will be the first to commend you. You should have your own direction just like I have mine but previous writing should not be ignored in the least.

Now this thread is about the current casting and the topic right now is whether the story idea you had could work on the real show so I think we should leave the blog talk for a separate thread, PM's, or in the blog area. I don't think people want to read through all this. I would like you to comment on my blog once in awhile Drew. I am not sure if you are keeping up but alot is different since the island story I did. If you wish to discuss this further, then please contact me but I just don't think it's proper to keep doing it here :) .

• Members

Oh I can guarantee you that history will be looked at when telling this story. You're not seeing how it can be done, because you're not thinking about the actual story and possibilities. You're seeing black and white and it shows.

Archived