Dallas: Season 6

Josh

• Members

DallasS6.jpg

Got this from www.tvshowsondvd.com

Dallas: Season 6 will be out January 30, 2007

I for one hate the cover. They have so far stuck with having JR in the center or featured in 3-5 which is fine, but um why does Afton get the cover:

Miss Ellie hasn't even had one yet.

I digress.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The cover should have been the shot of J.R. and Bobby toasting the battle, with Jock's painting in the background, and then black and white shots of the car crash, the fire, the fight between J.R. and Ray, and Miss Ellie's breakdown. How is Afton on the damn cover?! What ddi she contribute to Dallas that season? This just tells you that whoever does the covers is NOT a Dallas fan.

• Members

Afton was great, but she was NEVER an important character. I'd argue that her brother Mitch was more important at least to Lucy's character. Afton was just your standard girlfriend for Cliff.

Miss Ellie, Donna and Ray all needed to be on the cover before her, but I doubt they will ever make it.

I wonder who will be on the covers for the later years (which I loved). I hope they put Cally, April and Michelle on them.

• Members

Season 12 is particularly delightful. I was all set to hate those later years, but being a fan of daytime soaps helped me out. Most people have problems with their favorite characters leaving, but like real life (and daytime) I'm used to that. So I watched for what it was and saw many great storylines and new characters.

I especially loved JR's long lost son, though the actor who cast him was terrible. The scene where he was revealed at the Oil Baron's Ball was brilliant. That was one of my favorite episodes of Dallas.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 12 2006, 12:21 AM)

I wonder who will be on the covers for the later years (which I loved). I hope they put Cally, April and Michelle on them.

I hope they don't put cally on the cover, I hated that dumb biotch. :lol: April I didn't like either, but I wouldn't be bothered by her being on the cover. Is michelle aprils sister, and if so she killed susan lucci's character on dallas, I definantly want her on the cover. She was the only nuChick that would of fitted in well with the divas from the early years.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 12 2006, 12:21 AM)

Afton was great, but she was NEVER an important character.

I loved Afton but as you said she was never important.

I'm currently watching season 14 for the very first time and boy, the mighty have fallen. The show was totally unreckognizable during its final days. I liked the Paris episode with Susan Lucci but after that the whole show fell flat.

As for the later seasons in general. IMO, the show got a major boost by killing Pam. I LOVED season 11 and season 12 was not too shabby either. But the increasing importance of Carter McKay and that ludicrous story of JR in nowhere (and jail) marked the end of the beginning. They rebounded from time to time but never had a full recovery. Miss Ellie's exit was it for me, personally.

• Members

I loved Afton ... but she is out of place on the cover. IMO, the cover would look at least a little better with say, Sue Ellen or Miss Ellie (who has yet to grace a cover, except for the family portrait) or even Cliff. And the cover would still look better if Pam's face wasn't half cut off. That's very distracting.

But other than that ... I'm thrilled... Can't wait for Season 6!

Archived