Big DAYS casting/recasting rumor

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nothing against Jack or Jennifer but I think their story is done- unless they're ready to make Jennifer go crazy, which I always thought would be fun to watch. If the show needs anything right now, in terms of characters, it's a villain, imho.

• Members

I think Jensen would make a good Jennifer. I never saw her as having enough edge to play Vicky (AW) but she does have enough edge/goody goody sweetness to play Jennifer.

But why bother bringing Jack and Jen back now? They just left.

• Members

Well this does not surprise me considering there were so many hints of Matt returning. His little ad lib to Alice saying "See you soon" and we know Hogan and SN want him back. Hogan wanted to write for him. Also, Matt himself didn't rule out a return.

I am surprised though about a recast Jennifer. The story J&J left with was the perfect setup for Jennifer to be presumed dead or something offscreen. They could have them investigate something and have Jennifer die and Jack return alone. There would be more story that way and less risk of failure in regards to a recast. I love Jensen but I don't know how well she will work with Matt. Jack being alone would be great because we could see him be a single dad dealing with life without Jennifer and then slowly find love again with someone like Billie. Jack without Jen has more possibilities but whatever it's fine by me either way.

I don't see this happening until early 2007 though.

• Members

I don't think I'd like it. Don't get me wrong, I want Jack back. But they'd HAVE to kill Jennifer or something. otherwise, it would mean their incredible journalism job as big wigs in London went bust. And I don't want to see them fail after landing such a HUGE break like that. I mean, it's VERY impressive.

• Members

I hope this is a big fat lie! Jack and Jennifer returning so soon would be so pointless. What was the point of sending them off? Matthew Ashford as Jack is welcome back anytime by me. Given Jensen Buchanan's talent, I don't want her to come onto the show as Jennifer. Melissa Reeves is Jennifer and until she is willing to come back, they need to keep Jennifer offscreen. Why can't we have Jack without Jennifer? There are so many possibilities for Jack without bringing Jennifer back. To me, Jennifer has always grounded Jack and the character was never able to explore other options.

• Members

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for this to be true!!

Matt Ashford as Jack just BELONG on DAYS IMO and with a new headwriter and all of his friends and family still in Salem, it just makes sense. Sheffer would have did wonders for his character.

If we have to recast Jennifer just to get Matt back, then I am ALL for it. However, I agree not right away, maybe in the 1st part of 2007, but let them be of-screen for a few months THEN bring him back with a recast.

Its not like them leaving was a permanent thing, it seemed more temporary to me than anything ESPECIALLY with Abby staying behind!

Archived