Big DAYS casting/recasting rumor

• Members

I do think Matt will be back at some point but this rumour is clearly just someone's speculation. Jensen Buchanan has not acted since 2002. She is "more" retired than Missy. She would also cost alot more than DAYS can afford.

I don't know how much could be done with Jack and a Jennifer recast but there is a ridiculous amount of potential with Jack individually. A story that plays on Jack's past with S&K would be infinitely better than any plot driven nonsense involving the big, bad Dimeras.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love to see Days do something cutting edge and really out of the norm. I would like to see them bring back J&J for Holidays at Salem Thanksgiving, Christmas, Abby's birthday, Abby's graduation etc. And instead of the same lame cameo type junk give them a REAL SL that lasts a week or two. Something fun, quirky, fast paced and unexpected. They might even get Melissa to come back if she is only working a couple of times a year.

• Members

I can see Jack returning maybe sometime next year, but honestly, I don't want Jennifer, Missy or recast, to return. Jack is a character that should be explored and written for on his own. He was interesting on his own before he met Jennifer.

• Members

I find that hard to believe. Those two JUST got written off the show. If there was any doubt of keeping them around, they would've decided and announced it prior to their departure, not this soon after. However, I do see Jack, and possibly a recast Jennifer returning down the road, not yet!

• Members

I look for this to happen around Thanksgiving or maybe Christmas. I bet this was the plan all along so people wouldnt' have Melissa Reeves as Jenn 1 episode and then a re-cast (hope it's definitely Jensen Buchanan) in the next episode or week. A good re-cast is best and I think is the best idea especially since she is a Horton, Jack's wife, Abby's mother, Hope's cousin & best friend.

• Members

There is an interview with Matt at soaptownusa.com. He doesn't say anything about a recast Jennifer or returning to DAYS in the short-term. But I do get the impression from his comments that it's a case of "when" and not "if" Jack will return.

• Members

This is a really good idea, imho, even if Jack and Jen events didn't really bump the ratings (not much of anything does anymore, though).

I'm surprised people expected this. That goodbye scene was really final seeming to me. Or maybe that was wishful thinking.

Archived