Dexter: Discussion Thread

Juliajms

• Members

I heard raving reviews about this show from several sources, so I took a chance and bought the season 1 boxset, it was on sale for 15.99 at target. I watched the entire season and loved it, now I'm pissed that I put season 2 back just in case I didn't like it. I will be buying the new episodes on on I-tunes since I don't get cable. This show is great and brilliant.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Don't read if you haven't watched season 3 yet.

I didn't find season 3 that interesting. There wasn't that much edge-of-your-seat drama, or cliffhangers, and the conclusion was pretty weak. Dexter only has one major scene with the skinner and he kills him after a 30 second fight? Dexter also kills Miguel pretty easily too. Season 3 really suffered without Daniel Cerone.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

How come there is no composite sketch of Arthur provided by the boy Dexter saved? There are moments this season where the writing is not impressing me. I don't expect anything to come close to season 1's greatness but this is my least favorite season so far.

• Administrator

This season has been great but it's definitely not better than season 1. There were so many great moments, so many cliffhangers this past season: Lundy and Debra getting shot; Christine opening the door and it's the Trinity Killer who turns out to be her dad; Christine committing suicide in front of Debra; Dexter almost killing Trinity in front of Trinity's family; Trinity walking into the police station, "Hello, Dexter Morgan."

I thought about that too.

Last season was the worst. The killer wasn't even the main focus and Dexter teaching the DA how to kill people? Ridiculous.

• Members

I don't think she'll suspect him at first, but I imagine things will start to click during season five. Maybe she'll figure it out in the finale. It's becoming obvious that things aren't adding up with Dexter, but I think she'll be in denial for awhile.

• Administrator

Woah!!!!!!!!!! What an ending!!! Man, if people read spoilers about that ending, YOU ARE A FOOL! LOL When Dexter called Rita and her phone started ringing in the house, I was like, "Oh no." Then Harrison starts crying.....and then we see him on the floor covered in blood......and then we find Rita dead in the bathtub! My jaw dropped and my mouth was open for like 2 minutes!

If you go back and watch the scene where Dexter kills Trinity, it puts the whole scene in a new context.

Dexter: I have a family too, Arthur.

Trinity raises his eyebrows.

Dexter: And I'm good....for them.

Trinity laughs.

Trinity: You're like a child.

Dexter: A child with a big knife.

Trinity: You dream of a heaven you'll never see.

Dexter: I don't believe in heaven.

Trinity: Oh but you do. This isn't your doing. This is God's plan. I accept that now....you have to do the same.

Dexter: I accept nothing. Nothing is inevitable.

Trinity: It's already over....It's already over.

And when Dexter arrives home, he trips over the toy train tracks!

What an awesome ending to a fantastic season.

Archived