Dexter: Discussion Thread

Juliajms

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrator

Man, this season sucked. The Doomsday Killer wasn't even that interesting to watch - though some of the deaths were pretty cool (the 4 horsemen death and the bloody angel death). The twist that the professor was dead was predictable - I figured that out in the earlier episodes where the DDK and the prof were at the restaurant and the waitress only paid attention to the DDK, and the prof wasn't eating anything. Also, Deb is in love with Dexter? WTF!! That was so uncomfortable to watch. Deb seeing Dexter kill the DDK was a good, but not great, cliffhanger - I don't think Deb is going to find out that Dexter is a serial killer.

• Members

I totally agree with you that this season SUCKED. It was simply god awful in almost every way.

I actually do think Deb is going to realize that Dex is not only a serial killer, but the BHB. There is no way around it. He wasn't just killing Tom Hank's son, he was doing it in a very ritualistic manner. There are simply too many clues at this point for Deb not to see that this isn't a one off. No one kills like that unless they like killing.

It won't surprise me at all if she remembers that Dex saved her from Biney's similar kill room. She was wrapped up in plastic just like DDK. Plus she's bound to remember the Dex/Lumen kill room where she let them go. All that plastic is part of Dex's pattern. Everything is going to fall (including his social awkwardness/lack of emotion) into place for her now that she's seen him commit the act. If she does not put all that together than the writers think I'm dumber than dirt and I am over and OUT with this show.

Plus the whole reason that they had Deb fall in love with Dex is was to increase the impact of the reveal. I think it was a terrible, terrible decision. I would have much rather see her come to terms with what Dex is because she loves her BROTHER and because of Harry and Harrison. Not because she wants to bang him. Ugh!

• Administrator

Yeah, they didn't need the Deb is in love with Dexter twist. Him being her brother is still a big impact because that's what we watched. We never watched Deb being in love with Dexter, so that beat doesn't really work. Since the show will be be on for 2 more seasons, will Deb be Dexter's accomplice? I can see the last season being "the hunt for Dexter" but not the penultimate season.

I didn't like how Dexter let Trinity's son go. Dexter should've killed him.

• Members

I think it's possible Deb will choose to turn a blind eye. I cannot imagine her turning on him or hunting him under any circumstances. Especially not after she finds out about Harry's code. The wild card is that this show has changed show runners, since the first few seasons, so I don't feel as confident as I once did about where things are headed. That Deb is in love with Dex thing changed everything.

• Members

I have given the writers a pass for a lot of crap this season, but if Deb does not realize that Dexter is a psychotic serial killer, then that is just ridiculous. Even more ridiculous than Deb letting this incompetent shrink convince her that she is love with Dexter. Deb is a cop. She has to recognize the ritualistic manner of how Dexter has Travis wrapped up.

After processing the fact that Dexter is a serial killer and that their father knew, I expect Deb to turn a blind eye also. Other than killing Dexter herself, what else can she do?

Archived