Dexter: Discussion Thread

Juliajms

• Members

I can see where you dislike Deb, but I kind of like her. I definitely don't want her to die just because she's one of the few people Dexter seems to have a real connection to. If Deb lives I want her to find out what Dexter is really all about. That should be quite a scene. Her fiance and brother are serial killers and she had no clue. :blink:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this show! The season finale was definately exciting! Yes, I'm hoping that Deb does do a lot of growing up because I found her to be very annoying. I don't see how she didn't catch on to her very very very creepy fiance. I guess we see what we want to see. I love how he was named ITK, very simular to BTK. I know about that all too well, lol.

• Members

That was an amazing ending! I'm so glad this show is coming back for a second season. Doakes is really on to Dexter now. I loved the scene where Doakes punched Dex and Dex came right back at him. Also the scene where Deb screamed at Doakes to back off her brother was good. I think she's going to put it together eventually. She was semiconscious when Rudy and Dex were talking.

Then Rita found Paul's shoe. :o I wonder what she'll do. One thing I didn't get was why Dex's bio Dad didn't know about or contact Rudy too? That's why last week I sort of figured they were half brothers. Oh well, guess it doesn't matter. I was shocked out of my mind that Dex killed his brother. I didn't think he could do it.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

I cannot wait to see how the new addition to the cast (I won't spill it in case you aren't spoiled) fits into the mix.

I'm also curious about where Dexter's mindset now that he feels like he's going to be in control instead of a rigid adherence to Harry's belief in who he should be. I'm hoping he doesn't stay as sloppy as he was last season. I think he took a lot of chances because his mind was everywhere (after killing Rudy/Brian and the added complication of Lila).

I feel strange wanting to support a serial killer here but it is what it is. I love me some Dex....hehe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The first episode of the new season is floating around the net. I watched it and it is really good. The show has not lost its edge. I was really impressed with Jimmy Smits. He already had some pretty strong material. The mystery so far is fascinating. I love this show!!

• Members

It was a good episode. I suspected that Rita was pregnant just from some of the spoilers that were out there. That should rock Dex's world pretty hard. Poor Deb, she's between a rock and a hard place with IA trying to get her to become an informant. I think she'll do it and then regret it down the line.

• Members

I really enjoyed the premiere and i'm so happy the show is back on...Here is some great ratings news from TV Guide.com

The Season 3 premiere of Dexter on Sunday night delivered 1.22 million total viewers, besting both the series' previous opener and its most recent season finale by some 20 percent. It also represents Showtime's highest-rated drama premiere since at least 2004.

Archived