GL: Tom Pelphrey & Stephanie Gatschet reported gone by 07

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And they're what made me tune into GL in the first place.

Well, I agree with you. They're the best daytime couple of this decade hands down. I realize many people find the relationship disgusting and wrong but their story was a classic love story despite the "awful" way it started. And I put awful in quotes because the way the Tammy/Jonathan story started was very dark and disturbing but it provided this great backstory to work with once TPTB decided to pursue it.

I knew TP would go eventually but I soo don't wanna see him go. He does remind me of Johnny Depp in terms of acting range. This guy can do anything. I remembering wondering if he was just getting too much hype than he deserved before I started watching the show but when I finally did start watching GL, I was just blown away at how good he really was.

I think losing SG will be just as much of a loss as losing TP. That girl can really act...it's all in her eyes and facial expression. And she proved last week during the 15,000th episode that she can play other roles. I wish she'd get a story of her own because I'm sure she'd do wonders with it. Instead, she has been shafted for months being used as a mere plot point.

And I hate to use the ratings argument but when a Jammy/Lizzie ITL gets a 2.3..which is the same ratings the other days last week got..that should tell you something. Who are they going to replace Jammy with? Lizzie & Cova? I like Lizzie but she couldn't even breathe life into Cova. If TP & SG are leaving next year, TPTB better start working their asses off now to bring back characters to fill the void.

• Members

Kreizman's biggest blunder, IMO, was not roping Coop into the Tammy/Jon/Lizzie triangle. It is so obvious that John Driscoll and Stephanie Gatschet have chemistry with each other. And thanks to Driscoll's wating to work with Michelle Ray Smith, he barely has a storyline.

• Members

I don't care much about Stephanie, but Tom will be a HUGE loss. He is one of the characters that I would have never recasted because he is so good, that no one can replace him. Or if they do recast, they wait a few years to do so. Good luck to both of them if this is true

• Members

:lol: Are you referring to Jonathan's second ITL where he imagines that Coop & Tammy are an item? While I think JD and SG work so much better together than he does with MRS, I don't think it would come close to the chemistry that SG and TP share. But I agree that the story would have been much more interesting for the Coop character and I've always had a ball watching Jonathan & "Henry"'s rivalry. :lol: I also think Marcy Rylan and JD have way a lot of chemistry. Why they are wasting JD in a dull pairing is beyond me. The guy can obviously act but putting him with an actress who is dull with everyone except for maybe a couple of people is not doing him any favours. I can say the same thing about Michael Dempsey. The guy somehow manages to have chemistry with every person he works with (gosh, even MRS) but why put Alan-Michael with the least interesting character? :blink:

• Members

Believe it or not, I'm actually kinda sad about this. If done right, Jon and Tammy could have been the next "Roger and Holly." I still want my rape scenario dammit! And I agree with roping Coop into the triangle (effectively leaving out Lizzie, at least IMO).

But even if they leave, that doesn't mean the show will get better (or worse, even though the show is very bad). Quite frankly, David Kreizman couldn't write an obituary.

• Members

Oh, I don't think Driscoll's chemistry with Gatschet comes THAT close to her chemistry with Pelphrey. But he would have been a welcomed addition into this triangle. Helping Tammy pick up the pieces. I would buy it coming from Coop WAY more than I would Remy(who is dull as dishwater).

There's an idea: pair Ava with Remy. It'll be like watching a high school production.

• Members

You know, I don't completely disagree with you for once. :lol: I think the fact that Jon & Tammy were so wrong and twisted is what attracted me to them in the first place. Do I wanna see TPTB go down the rape route with these two? No way but it's scenes like the one earlier this year where Jonathan contemplated drugging Tammy and Tammy "overreacted" with anger by hitting him with a metal box (many people were horrified over what Tammy did but I could totally see where she was coming from) that really made me realize how different and raw these two as a couple can be. Gatschet & Pelphrey have the ability to portray Tammy & Jonathan's relationship as truly disturbing not in a juvenile, "Eww..their cousins!" kind of way but more..."OMG, these two are such messed-up individuals who shouldn't be together!". I wish the writers had taken more time dealing with their opposite personalities and personal issues rather than throwing Lizzie into the mix and going down the typical and tired soap cliché. They've really watered Jonathan down..even more now that Lizzie's "in love" with him and he's completely oblivious to it. :rolleyes:

What's weird with this storyline, though is that I feel Tammy's love/obsession for Jonathan is starting to reach his level of love/obsession for her. She seems more sane but she's really blinded by it all when it comes to seeing the big picture - and how screwed she is in this situation. Unfortunately, this comes off as Tammy being a one-note saint but this wouldn't be the case if they actually did something with it. <_<

Greeaat..then I can FF both of them.

• Members

"I wish the writers had taken more time dealing with their opposite personalities and personal issues rather than throwing Lizzie into the mix and going down the typical and tired soap cliché."

One good turn deserves another. I agree with you. I think part of the reason the Jammy storyline wore thin for me was because it became more about Jammys effect on other people (Reva, Cassie, Nate, etc.) than dealing with their own issues. Jonathan misled Tammy into having sex with him (which in most cases is tantamount to rape) and yet I don't feel that they really resolved that.

• Members

I am actually happy they are leaving especially SG. Never liked her character of Tammy. Tammy and Jonathan were so forced. And I agree with Dan. The rape was never fully addressed. And to me GL became the Tom P. show. :lol: Tom is a good actor but we got overload of Jonathan. I am glad they are possibly out and Marah is back. Now if only a few more unwanted characters were to leave too.

• Members

Not to be controversial or against the grain, but since when was lying to get laid rape? If a guy tells me his yin-yang is 7 inches, but is really 4 when he has sex with me, is that rape? If a guy tells me he's a stockbroker, but is really a carpet salesman, is that rape?

What Jon did to Tammy, IMO, does not constitute rape. She consented, albeit, under false pretenses. But she still consented. Jon didn't force her into anything. Is it his fault she consented?

• Members

I think it was only natural to play out how Jammy getting together would affect everyone else around them. If that hadn't been played out, I'd be wondering if those two were living in a bubble. What Jonathan did to Tammy in the beginning really set up so much good story potential that should have resonated, well, forever - whether or not they had been paired romantically again or not. It's a huge disappointment that this baby crap is what is being displayed onscreen right now.

I think SG is the best thing happening in the 20-something scene right now. I never thought I'd say this in a million years but even TP isn't gaining podJonathan any love from me. The baby story is so plot-driven and circular.

Agreed. I kinda made a similar comparison when I asked months ago if it would be considered rape if a man slept with someone and didn't tell that person that he was a serial killer. Rape doesn't have to be violent but consent's consent. I'm also not saying that what Jonathan did to Tammy was any better. it was probably worse because he really messed with her mind and nearly destroyed her self-worth without having to physically hurt her or give her the impression that he was forcing her to do something she didn't want to do.

Archived